Have I shot enough?

Tony9r

My FAC for my .22 rimmy is up for renewal in May this year. I am a box of 50 rounds away from having used 2000 rounds since I got the cert almost 5 years ago. I will soon be adding another 500 rounds, so that's 2500... maybe a few more before May (renewal).

My question is, have I used enough to warrant a renewal?, as the FEO would say - "use it or lose it!"

If I have put 200 rounds through my .22lr in a year I'd be surprised. However I'm not a 'how many times can I pull the trigger' sort of bloke with the rifle, and I only shoot 3 into a target if I think I've knocked the scope once in a blue moon.

Who are the police to tell you how much you should be shooting? It would be far too easy to buy thousands and keep them under the bed for an inspection if you wanted to seem to use more ammo, something I would never bother/consider doing. Truly ridiculous if your usage is brought up in your renewal. If it is please let us know, but I'm sure you will be fine.

:good:

I know people that rarely have their guns out of the cabinet and use very little ammo. But have had now problem renewing their FAC. The guns i have are different the club has to show that their records record that i have used the firearms at least 3 time in the year. But nothing about the amount of ammo used.

• 6 months later...