American troops urinating on taliban dead

gemini52

Do you earn respect by urinating on corpses? Most who have served will get how wrong this is.

Why are you asking me?Im commenting about somebody saying the soldiers should respect the dead.I didnt mention anything about respecting the men for ******* on scum.Ive been there,and served and i wouldnt indulge in watersports with the enemy but believe me i couldnt care less its done or not.In the big big picture,urinating on dead bodies is way down on my list of atrocities.

Edited by sako751sg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do agree. I hope they carry on peeing on them, just dont film it. considering what they did to that young lad who got lost whilst looking for a night vision scope that somebody dropped, i think this is tame. I hope they splash a drop on them for me.

Well said! :good:

There are two issues here. Or maybe three. Professional, moral, and intellectual.

1. Does a professional army pee on dead enemies?

2. If so, is it right?

3. If you are monumentally stupid enough to film it I wouldn't trust you with the wrong end of a rifle.

I wholehartedly agree, well said.

My friend I would guess that you have never served nor looked at a terrorist through your sights. Many of these "scum" are kids who have been forced to fight or else their sister or mother gets raped. What I am saying is, once the terrorist has been killed, his body deserves the funeral and respect that his religeon demands. Not desecrated like these American Marines did.

You are trolling,right?

His body deserves the funeral and respect his religion demands?

Dear oh dear fella,i suggest reading up on the state of the bodies that come back from their disgusting hands.End of conversation.

You are trolling,right?

His body deserves the funeral and respect his religion demands?

Dear oh dear fella,i suggest reading up on the state of the bodies that come back from their disgusting hands.End of conversation.

Seen them first hand my friend. Just because they commit attrocities, doesn't mean we should stoop to their level.

Reading the posts i get the impression that many quite agree with the troops, probably the same people who have very big morals when it comes to the respect of animals, living and dead. I think to slash on them and brag it to the world was a mad thing to do, it just continues the cycle of hate. I thought these crack soldiers were meant to have high iq's. :no:

Very few here know the stress of battle, be grateful, nobody here knows the circumstances, perhaps they lost a pal to these guys! :hmm:

Nothing wrong with what they did or filming in my book either, is that stress relief?? who knows, the guy who made it public knowledge needs stringing up!

There is one rule of war, ..................

.............stay alive!

ATB!

Very few here know the stress of battle, be grateful, nobody here knows the circumstances, perhaps they lost a pal to these guys! :hmm:

Nothing wrong with what they did or filming in my book either, is that stress relief?? who knows, the guy who made it public knowledge needs stringing up

.............stay alive![/

ATB!

Do you know the stress of battle then Edited by unapalomablanca

Nothing wrong with what they did or filming in my book either, is that stress relief?? who knows, the guy who made it public knowledge needs stringing up!

Let me get this right, it was OK to do it and film it, and according to you it's OK to execute by hanging the person in the group who posted the film. Riiiiiight :hmm:

No there are actually quite a lot - having seen action I'm surprised you're not more familiar with them. :hmm:

I despair when I read the majority of posts on this thread.

What precisely is the impetus that drives American Marines to **** on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters? This appears to have been done at leisure, in the bright sunshine and was a considered act of desecretion. Is it any different from Afghanis mutiliting and/or dragging the bodies of dead American servicemen behind vehicles? Is it any less worthy of condemnation?

A significant number of posters appear to suggest that the actions of the Marines were acceptable but the filming of the event was wrong or stupid or ill considered. Is it being suggested that actions such as these, and others like them, are acceptable as long as one is not caught? Is that why Western forces are in Afghanistan?

Ultimately an accommodation will have to be reached with the Taliban. Such an eventuality will not be popular on this forum but it will happen. Crass and unworthy acts such as those depicted in the offending photograph will not make this any easier and will simply prolong the conflict.

Let me get this right, it was OK to do it and film it, and according to you it's OK to execute by hanging the person in the group who posted the film. Riiiiiight :hmm:

No there are actually quite a lot - having seen action I'm surprised you're not more familiar with them. :hmm:

Yep, and his mates, if he has any have probably made life uncomfortable, grow up and get real, there IS only one rule that anyone is interested in, and thats going home in a seat and not a box, being morally right and dead went out in the first world war!

It is very easy to be riteuos at a keyboard, like I said above, this isn't the movies!

:good:

considered hindsight.

Ok to an extent, but I think the problem a lot of people have is that (as per your previous) you feel there is nothing wrong with what they did and there is.

There are people on the ground trying to build bridges and this sort of act will actually prolong the conflict and might cause additional UK/US casualties and that's not on IMO.

We're all keyboard warriors on here bud.

Im afraid alls fair in love and war... however urinating on a dead enemy is totally unacceptable... but believe me British Troops..Gurkhas in particular did far worse to live japanese prisoners when they caught them...

There are even accounts of Japanese snipers committing suicide in the tree tops in Burma when they ran out of ammo rather than risk capture...

Edited by Fisherman Mike

It was a stupid thing to do...those Marines have singlehandedly undone a lot of the hard work put in by ISAF troops across Afghanistan and undermined their professionalism by desecrating a corpse. It makes no odds if the body was a Talib or not...the Afghans will just see an ISAF soldier desecrating an Islamic corpse. It doesn't take much to change the loyalty of your average Afghan, and stunts like this, spread across the media really dont help.

Ok to an extent, but I think the problem a lot of people have is that (as per your previous) you feel there is nothing wrong with what they did and there is.

There are people on the ground trying to build bridges and this sort of act will actually prolong the conflict and might cause additional UK/US casualties and that's not on IMO.

We're all keyboard warriors on here bud.

:good::good::good:

There are interesting forms of stress relief practiced by lots of people in many different circumstances, you may have a hard week and decide to get lashed on a Friday night, these guys may have just scraped as much of their best buddy up as they could find, is anyone suggesting either is RIGHT?

It is reality just the same, and somewhat difficult for anyone here to preach!

Like I say, it isn't the movies, we may like to think we are the good guys, but we are not perfect!

What has caused an issue here is the person who published the incident, NOBODY, and nothing else in my opinion!

ATB!