Can you purchase blank firing shotgun cartridges?

hi, whereabouts in north west are you??? boyce's in nelson sell them. not sure on the cost but i do remember thinking they were pricey. they call them sauting blanks. hope this helps

Can they be fired through a 12 bore shotgun? I don't want to risk using these 'alarm' blanks as I've heard they can be a bit nasty.

Nelson is but a half hour away in good traffic.

Can they be fired through a 12 bore shotgun? I don't want to risk using these 'alarm' blanks as I've heard they can be a bit nasty.

Nelson is but a half hour away in good traffic.

im not 100% sure but as i tried to spell in my last post they are sold as saluting blanks so assume they can. if your not sure give them a quick call, think their number is 01282 614412

Is it possible to purchase blank firing (as in just make a noise) cartridges for a shotgun?

Hi shadowchaser, Yes you can buy them and as imperfection has said clean barrels well arther use as they tend to be blackpowder,and check barrels before loading with live cartridges as they can leave the over powder cards in the barrels. oh and please dont do what old friend of mine did a few years ago and make your own just by taking out the shot,he did this just as a joke on a chap who reconded he could'nt miss with a gun funny thing is the joke was on him cause you guessed it dropped in two loaded cartridges and blew the side out of the barrels of a near enough brand new miroku. :oops:

he did this just as a joke on a chap who reconded he could'nt miss with a gun funny thing is the joke was on him cause you guessed it dropped in two loaded cartridges and blew the side out of the barrels of a near enough brand new miroku. :oops:

really?

Different gun but still......

Edited by HDAV

:stupid: also shot them

live carts just go "poof" when shot at and some time eject the primer as that the weakest place for the pressure to escape :shoot:

Yes, I found that out about live carts too, rigged it up so that the shot couldn't go anywhere, tried it and could hardly tell when it had fired. It didn't even burn all the powder, lesson learnt.

I wonder how much 'barrel' length is needed to make a bang

Yes, I found that out about live carts too, rigged it up so that the shot couldn't go anywhere, tried it and could hardly tell when it had fired. It didn't even burn all the powder, lesson learnt.

I wonder how much 'barrel' length is needed to make a bang

about 14" depending on the powder but still need a sealed breech....

Guest cookoff013

couldnt you just use primed shells? they`ll just go bang.

ie primer only?

i had a factory shell with 2 fibre wads in it and no lead. it just burned the powder and flames came out the action..