Single Barrel?

TGEvans

Hi guys, some info please. I am soon to be Inheriting my Fathers old Side by Side 12 bore but I am not really intending on using it, more sentimental reasons. But due to 99% of my shooting being done with a rifle I dont use my current shotgun much so I will be selling her. But I am thinking of getting an old single barrel to take on walks and also to take out after a stalk for instance. Just wondered what else was out there in the way of single barrel's apart from the Baikals and Winchester Coey's. I know most of you guys will be leaning towards double barrel's but being an amazing shot I never need to hit the trigger twice :D So any info re single barrels would be much appreciated, Tim.

Thanks for the input fellas. Just a gun to take on walks really. Rabbits, Pigeons, Ducks, Squirrels. Local shop got a few Baikal singles and an AYA cosmo in stock. Was thinking of a 20 bore single instead maybe, will make my mind up when I see the right gun I suppose.

Thanks for the input fellas. Just a gun to take on walks really. Rabbits, Pigeons, Ducks, Squirrels. Local shop got a few Baikal singles and an AYA cosmo in stock. Was thinking of a 20 bore single instead maybe, will make my mind up when I see the right gun I suppose.

Singles have limited use, and can be a pain to shoot, literally.

If you are really set on one for occasional use then just get a used Baikal, mine is 12G and an ejector, I got it at the Game Fair a couple of years back for £25, excellent condition and tight, I only bought it because I thought...why not for £25, probably used half a box of carts in it, gave it to my lad just before Christmas, he's not sure what to do with it either! :no::yes:

:good:

Edited by Dekers

I have two single barrel shotguns a baikal that I just retired after 40 yrs of good honest service and a BSA snipe 30'' Barrel and takes a 3'' mag as well a good gun but prefered the Baikal better fit. Never had a 20g myself stick with the 12g more ammo availability.