recomend scope.......on a budget

millrace

well need scope to put on .204,, i know all the expensive and better glass and buy what you can afford but,,,,this is for rifle to be used maybe once a month prob lampin on fox and i dont want to spend a fortune on scope to sit in the cabinate,,,, so what would you look at for bout max £200 used is fine by me!!!!

i got a leupold rifleman 4-12x40 with leupold scope covers for £180 on fleabay, there is one on there just now going at £72. i love my leupolds and think the redfields would be good too for the money. i have a vx-1 4-12x40 on my .223 and it usually sits at x8 so a 3-9x40 would probably do me although it is good to have x12 when laying up waiting on the bipod, very happy with leupold :good: :good: :good:

You might want to have a look at the Simmons Pro-Hunter 3-10X44. I have used one for quite a while on my .243 before going over to the un-named 8x56 - The Pro-Hunter is now on my HMR! The optics are crystal clear, it holds it's zero no matter what recoil you offer it, it works great on the lamp and J S Ramsbottome are doing them for well under £100! The Simmons Atek also has a very good reputation and doesn't cost very much more than £100 from Ramsbottoms also, again it might well be worth considering! :good:

I am so impressed with my Pro-Hunter that I am almost certainly going to put one on my .22WMR as soon as I got it for both rabbits and foxes on the lamp! :yes:

cheers bit more research to be done on the above mentioned..... also been told optimate any views??? for the occasional use its going to get cant bring myself to spending loads on the scope even tho the dealer offered me a s&b at good price its just not justified in this instance!!!

cheers bit more research to be done on the above mentioned..... also been told optimate any views??? for the occasional use its going to get cant bring myself to spending loads on the scope even tho the dealer offered me a s&b at good price its just not justified in this instance!!!

Optimate are very good value for the money i use one my self on my .22lr, can't fault it.

i have both a leupold and a S&B scopes for sale both very good but not in the price range,

i would go and have a look at some of the scopes mentioned barring one,

do not bother with any of these two makes hawk and MTC scopes mate, they have a very big problem when lamping, they both white out and suffer very badly with glare back as well.

save up a bit more and get a nice quality scope,

ah ha just thought of one, try looking for a meopta 7x50 cracking glass and spot on the cash you have,

bob.

i have both a leupold and a S&B scopes for sale both very good but not in the price range,

i would go and have a look at some of the scopes mentioned barring two,

do not bother with any of these two makes hawk and MTC scopes mate, they have a very big problem when lamping, they both white out and suffer very badly with glare back as well.

save up a bit more and get a nice quality scope,

ah ha just thought of one, try looking for a meopta 7x50 cracking glass and spot on the cash you have,

bob.

Redfield are brilliant scopes for the money,as has been pointed out in an earlier post,the optics are the same as leupold :good:

3 manufacturers branded names Redfield, Burris, Leupold all similar in optics but not always on price.

for that calibre, I would not go for the 40 mm objective lens,I would opt for the 50mm or 56mm something on the lines of a 3-12x56 :good: