cheapest.223 cart

Barnaul 62g FMJ are cheap for sure, they look like Russian Military ammo, and are about as close as you can get, never rated them particularly, but they went Bang.

Midway UK has some Wolf .223 a while back, 55g HP, they were about as bad as the Barnaul, but about the same price to, may be worth a phone call to them.

Remember you are not going to win any competitions with these, but as you only want it to "only used for plinkink" they may do!

My remmy 700 loves privi partisan at £9 a box it shoots them where I aim . The only problem is my local gunshop thinks they are rubbish so he won't sell them .

So my regular round is remmington 55 grain soft point which he retails at £14 for 20

This is a common theme with Privi, I don't think the dealers make much on selling them (percentage wise) so they prefer not to stock them. we have a strange situation with my local dealer who absolutely refuses to stock Privi despite quite a few people that I know asking him to get them, and there must be many many more who have asked him as well. He is definitely losing business over it but he won't budge.

The UK seems to have quite a lot of this stuff at the moment in 223.Its steel cased,Russian,cheap at around £24/x100 and goes bang with a flame too...what more could you want! :lol:

Allegidly non corrosive primed too,but i wouldnt trust them pesky Ruskies.Just tip boiling water down the barrel afterwards to make sure.

Edited by Imperfection

whats the point of putting expensive ammo,round after round through the same hole..i just like going up to the range and have a bit of fun

mikky

Ahh I see,so you already have accurate ammo you just want something to make a bang,your not wasting money by putting the bullet through the same hole,your learning to shoot consistantly unlike wasting money and wearing your rifle out throwing rubbish down the range,but if thats what you enjoy,persoanlly I wopuld invest what you waste into some reloading gear then you can have accurate cheap ammo all the time

I must be getting old as throwing ammo down a range and getting nothing for it in return isnt fun

Edited by Ackley

There is a friend of mine. a serious target shooter who used to say that cheap ammo was the most expensive ammo you could buy. Up to a point I can see where he was coming from. Whats the point? even if its for plinking? You want to hit the target. privi is great, if you can't buy it go elsewhere.