Super Bowl XLVI

bullet boy

Well it's that time of year again and tonight it's Super Bowl XLVI between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants!

I personally love American Football and I certainly love the Super Bowl-it's a great event IMO!

Half time entertainment is Madonna and I'm sure she'll put on a fantastic show.

Who do you fancy to lift the Vince Lombardi Trophy tonight?

I'm going for the Patriots because IMO the best Quarterback on the Planet is Tom Brady so it's a Pats win for me!But whoever wins I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy it.

I remember when channel Four first showed it, coming up to it the highlights made it look so exciting, then it began, stop start and went on and on and on, not my cup of tea , but agree very spectacular show, no- one puts on a better show than the Yanks. I have got some good mates staying up to watch it but I will be tucked up in bed but I do hope New England win it, because they have ' England' in their name ! ;)

Edited by onefulham

I look forward to this event every year and follow the NFL throughout the season!

Apart from the stoppages it's a fantastic sport!I agree the stoppages do put a dampener on things though!

I've been to several NFL games, I struggle to be polite and stay awake all the stops are for TV ad's. If you want to watch good American football go to a college or junior high game.

I shan`t be watching, mainly because it`s American and will be completely over the top and, in reality, with all that body armour it`s actually rugby played by poofs.

A rather stupid comment imo,,,, love to see you get out there and get hit by 300lbs of defencive back, and then call him a POOF , i used to think that rugby was the be all and end all of contact sports,,,,,,,, that was before i watched ice hockey and American football.

New England all the way, totally agree that Tom brady is the best Quarterback out there...... wanna see the Giants get put down .

Martin.

I love American Football, I watch it religiously every week and I am a big Ravens fan. For that reason I am a tad bitter that Cundiff choked in the Divisional Championship game or else I might be cheering on the Ravens. I fancy the Giants as they are the form team; Pats were lucky to beat the Ravens. However, I find it hard to bet against Brady as the man is a legend.

A rather stupid comment imo,,,, love to see you get out there and get hit by 300lbs of defencive back, and then call him a POOF , i used to think that rugby was the be all and end all of contact sports,,,,,,,, that was before i watched ice hockey and American football.

New England all the way, totally agree that Tom brady is the best Quarterback out there...... wanna see the Giants get put down .

Martin.

Great post ^^^^^. I would love to see the poster that called NFL a Poofs game, get hit by Ray Lewis or Urlacher and get up and call him a Poof :lol::lol: . That is of course after you have regained consciousness (spelling) :blush: .

I love American Football, I watch it religiously every week and I am a big Ravens fan. For that reason I am a tad bitter that Cundiff choked in the Divisional Championship game or else I might be cheering on the Ravens. I fancy the Giants as they are the form team; Pats were lucky to beat the Ravens. However, I find it hard to bet against Brady as the man is a legend.

Great post ^^^^^. I would love to see the poster that called NFL a Poofs game, get hit by Ray Lewis or Urlacher and get up and call him a Poof :lol::lol: . That is of course after you have regained consciousness (spelling) :blush: .

Ravens played well this season, could have been there instead of the Pats,,,,, having said that they have been rebuilding well over the lastfew years.

as an Englismen i have to go with the Pats, love watching brady play well, no one else like him imo,,,,, though manning takes some beating.

should be a good game, heading to the wifes sisters bar to watch it, a stroll down the road for a few sherberts with the brits,,, good times.....

and to the poster of Poofs,,,, watch the game buddy, its a very tackticle game when played well, as all top sports are.

Martin......