crow with white wings ??

king ratcatcher

I have seen crows and rooks with odd white patches/feathers, but not complete wings.

It didn't have a long tail and a pice of string tied to it, with a kid on the end.......did it ?

I think they are called kites. :good:

"FM will know the correct name for it if anyone does."

A surfeit of adult beverages ? :lol:

I see them regular on one of my shoots. Once wrote to Peter Theobald (Sporting Gun - still got the reply letter), after shooting one with almost total white wings several years ago, to ask if it was valuable, he seemed to think not really, they're quite common, so out of the goodness of my heart I OFFERED and GAVE it to a local taxidermist (does the game shows and advertises in the mags), on the understanding that once mounted he would send me pictures, still waiting for them, lesson learned now I feed them to the foxes. Still wonder how much he sold it for.

You will notice that if you see one you'll see more, as it's handed down in the generations in an area, and the "white" is symetrical to either side of the bird.