Police visit for variation???????

Deerstalkerlunt

To be honest,its not the variation which probably concerns them as you obviously have enough experience to warrant owning what you want,but they will take the opportunity to have a chat to see if any of your personal circumstances have changed.You have to remember that with recent shootings done with legally held guns FEO's must be sh*tting themselves if they let someone slip by who then causes others harm later on.

I can see why you would be a little concerned over this, it seems to be dotting I's and crossing T's where there is no need. However, its best perhaps to view this as a positive sign that they are looking for any changed circumstances (as mentioned) and, in the end, shooters can only benefit from effective control. Where would we be if the police didnt give a **** and more shooters went the way of those we know of. The only defence we have is solidly applied police controls.

i too am covered by merseyside police and yes at basc both allan booth and mike evely worked for merseyside ..allan booth was my feo.... they have to land check as its a section one it doesn't matter that it's a shotgun ... bob stevens,janet,denise and ruth have always been helpful to me and yes i had a visit for my variation that's in at this moment... consider there is a shooting near every day in liverpool then understand they are being very caustious...it's no good getting tetchy over it you won't make it easier

i too am covered by merseyside police and yes at basc both allan booth and mike evely worked for merseyside ..allan booth was my feo.... they have to land check as its a section one it doesn't matter that it's a shotgun ... bob stevens,janet,denise and ruth have always been helpful to me and yes i had a visit for my variation that's in at this moment... consider there is a shooting near every day in liverpool then understand they are being very caustious...it's no good getting tetchy over it you won't make it easier

Bob is the only one who I have had any sense out of but its near enough impossible to talk to him.

I don't think it's him that's missing the point.

Plod has admitted it has lost some paperwork so are taking this opportunity to get up to date with the small arsenal you have. That will give you a chance to help them sort out their mess. You have an opportunity to show your extensive knowledge and make a new friend in the dept - and potentialy stand to collect some brownie points.

No-one has missed your point. You said some rather nasty things about the Police and have now removed them.

They are human and, like anyone, can make a mistake.

Had they read your comments - do you honestly think it would help matters. Why are you trying to score points off them on a public forum? If you have a beef with them, get down there and complain, if you have the bottle. Good luck. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, as you've deleted the posts its hard to say???

I gather it wasn't complimentary.....just take a step back and put yourself in their shoes, believe it or not they are only human. From comments on here and other forums it sounds like a lot of forces are turning the screw a bit. After all, we can't all point the finger at the police every time something goes wrong and then throw our toys out of the pram when they try and do something about it. Just go with the flow and it'll be fine.

I wrote this thread when I was in fury mode from the misunderstanding/confusion I had with the police, I have spoken to them today and it was a mistake made by one of the registry staff, not the officer who visits who has found all my paperwork I sent out and is sorting it all out. She also mentioned that the person she works with has just retired so she has been up the wall with tonnes of work, so I will admit I completely over reacted and think I should cut them some slack next time. I removed my posts as I thought this was thread was going the wrong direction but its all cleared up now.