Welsh Game Fair

Simon123

Is it worth a visit ?

Well i'll definitely be visiting, as it's only about 5 or 6 miles from home to me now, so will definitely be paying a visit.

The game fair it's self is'nt to bad, (been to worse) with a few of local dealers showing there and many displays shown, i think it's worth a visit. But it is not to be compared to any of the big ones like The Midland, and The CLA

Was a bit of a mud fest last year but a great location with the dogs doing the scurry in the river etc.

Had a decent day out last couple of years and last year the best entertainment was sat in the beer tent watching people try and get out the car park and those that failed being dragged by tractors

Edited by HDAV

Hope the weather will be better than it was on last years game fair :yes:

Well at least the entry was free :lol: :lol: :lol: and we got to park in the same field as the show where the judges parked :good:

Is that new venue on the left hand side as you go towards TENBY ? Where i think they hold county shows.

Yes you got it mate, next door the the farmers Market.

Thanks for the heads up. But i stiill dont know where

the grounds are. Will i be able to find it on Google Earth.

DD

Yes mate. Go to google maps and type in "Carmarthen, Nantygi Show ground" and it should show the location clearly. Please note it will be Point 'C' where it will be held

Edited by Simon123

I'm going this year, after missing out last year due to the poor weather conditions etc. It was the first year I missed the show, in 10 years. It's a shame it's not held at the Gelli Aur ground, where it's always been held.

Nearer the date, I'll try and get names/phone numbers,of PW members who are going,and perhap's we can meet up there?

Steve.

I'm going this year, after missing out last year due to the poor weather conditions etc. It was the first year I missed the show, in 10 years. It's a shame it's not held at the Gelli Aur ground, where it's always been held.

Nearer the date, I'll try and get names/phone numbers,of PW members who are going,and perhap's we can meet up there?

Steve.

Sounds like a good idea,I will be going this year,very easy to get to,and you won't get bogged in.

Steve.

Fancy a co-pilot?

I have just spoken to a friend of mine who is on the committee with the Welsh Gamefair. He told me that there are a few reasons why this years event has been moved. One being that the Gelli Aur ground was so badly damaged last year, it will remain 'closed' for two years, so that it can recover.

On a good note, he told me that there will be many more trade stands there this year, which will include some shooting/gun dealer ones, something that's been missing for years.

Entry and exit to and from the Carmarthen ground will be easier, and all in all, the show should be much better than previous years.

Postcode is SA33 5DR

Steve.

I have just spoken to a friend of mine who is on the committee with the Welsh Gamefair. He told me that there are a few reasons why this years event has been moved. One being that the Gelli Aur ground was so badly damaged last year, it will remain 'closed' for two years, so that it can recover.

On a good note, he told me that there will be many more trade stands there this year, which will include some shooting/gun dealer ones, something that's been missing for years.

Entry and exit to and from the Carmarthen ground will be easier, and all in all, the show should be much better than previous years.

Postcode is SA33 5DR

Steve.

That's good news :good::good: Might see you there pal :good: :good: :good:

Well hopefully i will be going, weather permitting and nothing else crops up. I'l be wearing my PW top as to be recognised by other members. Be nice to meet a few more and put faces to names.

DD

Yes Gareth will be nice to meet up.As Steve posted he will put meet up nearer to the date of show.Will be there with couple of other members.Terry :good: