today i found this

storme37

hi today i found this now i dont expect it to impress you lol its a baikal single barrel 12g £55 paid my £15 deposit (all i had on me at the time) sort them out the other £40 in the next 2 weeks and they will hold it in there armoury until my licence drops on the mat. bargain.

the woods great the blues good and the barrel is spotless that'l do me to start as i want a single barrel in my collection. its come from a really reputable gun club so i know its good and safe. its something to shoot until i find something i want.

7368d1330188490-today-i-found-gym12g.jpg

Edited by storme37

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember guys i know ****** all about shotguns ok maybe a little i have shot in the past but mainly air riffles or semi auto riffles or machine guns not much experience with shotguns so im not going to rush out and buy an expensive one until i know what i want to buy.

Edited by storme37

Best advice is go to a local clay ground and have some lessons shotgunning is quite different to rifle and military type shooting.

A poorly fitting 12 gauge will beat you up, and being a single is lighter so more felt recoil, Agree not spending big money until you know what your looking for but also seems daft to spend £55 on a gun you have never shot when you dont have a cert yet.

We've all bought things in excitement and regretted it. Hope you dont regret this one

time will tell i can live with £55 so its not a prob, it felt ok when i shouldered it and it wont be the only gun im going to have in my life i will be more choosy in the future but it felt quite nice when i handled it. my fire arms officer says my licence will get granted.

Edited by storme37

well if you got them cheaper nice 1, what did you want yours for? please remember my local gun club had this it wont cost me 20 or 30 quid in diesel to go get it and we are quite limited to where you can get shotguns in kent.

enjoy it, we use a single 410 for walking when we are out fox digging.

in good hands you will take game dont worry :good:

thanks for the encouraging words i would like a .410 as well

Be careful this is top dollar I paid £5 for one in Southams sale do plenty of research before buying

Deershooter :good:

Ha ha, I paid £25 for one at the Game Fair a couple of years back, an ejector model as well, good general condition and very tight still, don't really know why I bothered, I think it was because it was £25 and I didn't have one.

It has just been taking up space in my cabinet, so my lad has it now, taking up space in his cabinet!

Offers anyone?

A single barrel gun gun is an interesting choice, and most definately not a gun for sporting clays. Still, enjoy your purchase when you get your certificate.

Another point of interest; did the FEO specify that you can only own 4 shotguns?

he said i had room in my Cabernet for four so unless i get bigger Cabernet four is what i can house

Come on guys, where are all the positive posts? £55 for a shotgun, that aint bad if it's in good condition. And shooting a single - well I know it's not the done thing these days but they sure teach you to take care of when you pull the trigger. There's no second chance on a shot so you makle sure it counts first time.

Later on with that mindset you will hit more. At the end of the day the chap's got a new toy and is having fun - there isn't much you can do with £50 these days! :good: