Weirauch hw 100

Sconer

My mate has bought a hw 100 today in .177 and the thing is seriously accurate, dont get me wrong my mate can shoot, i mean really shoot, but are these guns that good?

I own 2 daystates, and whilst there are imo very accurate, they seem nothing compared to the hw 100,

Does anybody else own one? Or know someone who owns one? Are they seriously accurate?

Would love to know what you guys think,

Might just have to purchase one,

Was looking for a rapid 7 next but could be swayed

Thanks

Jonny

Don't ruin my secret!....I'm a good shot not the gun :lol: no honestly I have it in .22 and can honestly say its the most accurate Airgun I've fired and I've shot loads although you could argue that's because mine is set up for my eyes. My mate has a s410 and a FAC air ranger and he's also can't believe how accurate mine is,it' seems a lot flatter than his s410,at 10 yards I can shoot straight at things and in trees also, when it's zeroed for 30yards where as he has to apply hold under. Get one you won't be disappointed and they're cheaper than daystate to-unless you get a cheap daystate (merlin/x2 or huntsman).

Weihrauch are one of,if the not the best Airgun manufacturer to this day!

Edited by tomhw100

Probably the finest multi use (target and hunting) air rifle produced in the last 20 years,

Incredibly reliable ,unbeleivably accurate ,holds a good resale value.

Why did i sell mine ?..........Oh yes i was skint. :/:/

Edited by Jega

Thanks for the replys guys, however i have decided on a rapid mfr, my mate who has the hw100 (simon6ppc) also has a rapid, and some of the shots he has done with that are unbelieveable,

Apart from that i should get a few more shots per fill. Maybe the hw 100 cold be next on my shopping list

Edited by Sconer

The HW 100 has long been considered one of the best, some say the best you can buy. Too ******* heavy if you ask me.

There are plenty of accurate PCP, any half decent manufacturer makes very accurate guns, Falcon have a reputation for accuracy, even though some of their barrels are a flexible as a Bass Guitar string.

:good:

• 2 weeks later...

A friend has a HW100. I've had the pleasure of using it a few times. Fantastic piece of kit. I don't get the ugly comments. It looks good to me.

Not only that, it's bang on when it comes to accuracy.

He's talking about selling it. I may be tempted. Fingers crossed he'll let me have it for £550 or so. Only six months old and is pristine.

Is this a fair price? Not a mark on it. Chrono is 11.5. I reckon he could get a bit more for it. It is as new.

I bought a 177 hw 100 my brother an s 410,which he soon sold and bought a hw 100. Virtually shoot themselves, my 9 year old boy and me had a comp,30 yards,10 small grapes on pins, he shot 9 out 10 me 10, and he,d never shot up till that day. Accurate ,quiet,quick to reload, yes tad heavy but wouldn,t change mine for anything, two magpies in a tree 35 yards away last week shot the top one which fell down past it,s mate,his mate seen him go down past him and dropped down a couple branches to see where he,d gone,big mistake lol.I also shot 7 crows in about 30 seconds,shot the 1st one and about 30 crows/rooks arrived going mad kept landing in tree,as fast as i recocked the gun another had landed,wasn,t till i hit a small branch which was running up in front of one,s chest that they ******** off

People say there heavy! Look at a&m gunsmiths and get one of there cylinders, makes it lighter more well balanced and I get 110 shots of a 190 bar fill.

Superb rifle I've had daystates and aa and I will defo be not parting with it!

Oh and that's in 177 carbine!!!

I have also been looking at one of these guns, but they are out of my budget. Is there a cheaper alternative to this gun at all? I am looking for something that has a magazine. I'm new to the sport so would be grateful for any advice.

Ta!

try to get a second hand 100 if you can pal.ive never shot any thing as accurate out off the box in my life.and i ave shot loads of air rifles in my time.....

:good:

I bought a 177 hw 100 my brother an s 410,which he soon sold and bought a hw 100. Virtually shoot themselves, my 9 year old boy and me had a comp,30 yards,10 small grapes on pins, he shot 9 out 10 me 10, and he,d never shot up till that day. Accurate ,quiet,quick to reload, yes tad heavy but wouldn,t change mine for anything, two magpies in a tree 35 yards away last week shot the top one which fell down past it,s mate,his mate seen him go down past him and dropped down a couple branches to see where he,d gone,big mistake lol.I also shot 7 crows in about 30 seconds,shot the 1st one and about 30 crows/rooks arrived going mad kept landing in tree,as fast as i recocked the gun another had landed,wasn,t till i hit a small branch which was running up in front of one,s chest that they ******** off

yep your right pal.they shoot them selves, so far with mine up to 40 even 50 yards if i am comfortable,i can head shoot rabbits.crows etc.them germans were bad news 70 years ago ,but they can build guns and cars end off realy.

Edited by simon6ppc

Shhh, don't tell everyone, while it's still a bit of a secret, I can get away with bragging what a good shot I am.

HW100 is one of the best hunting Rifles available at ANY price, and I've shot a fair few, Heavy??? try shooting it after an HW97 :blink: Light as a feather. :yes:

Looking for a pcp at the mo, have done my reasearch and can agree with all the comments on the thread. Just got to find one for the right price. :hmm:

yep keep looking pal.be worth the wait.ive been a rapid 7 man since they were out,still am to be honest but i hit 5 flys out 7 at weekend at my gun club at 35 yard.i am not that good realy. its the gun.hw100 i mean

Edited by simon6ppc