The HMR/Archer strikes gain.

Luckyshot

Had a call off one of my farmers asking if I was coming down tonight would I concentrate on the area around the silage bales and the fresh barley fields as the rabbits were hammering those areas specifically.

I arrived there at 10:00pm and within the first half hour had 15 rabbits down, these were all on the barley field which is only 7 acres. Another hour went by and I had a further 30 rabbits off the same field so after picking and gutting these rabbits I decided to head off to the silage bails to see what it was like over there. There were young rabbits everywhere I shot a further 12 rabbits in the next half hour but as it was past midnight and these bails are kept 50 yards from the farm house I decided to call it a night and come back another day to sort these out. Ended the night with 57 rabbits which was another great result for he HMR/NV combination.. :good:

P3180010.jpg

Edited by Luckyshot

Nice work :good:

I guess that puts an end to the idea that HMR scares off everything for miles.

I suppose that will depend on the ground you are shooting on but on my ground they are not too bothered. You still get the odd runners when they hear the crack every now and then but even when using my 243 you can still shoot at least 2 or 3 before they scarper and my barrel heats up. :lol: