deer shooting

eveing all, i have been shooting on some new permission

on the edge of a 2hacar wood and everytime go there and

make the hide i see muntjac and roe deer. and can allso

here them calling allday like a (barking noise) im wondering if

its legele to shoot them with a 12g and or do i need a some

kind of a culling license? :hmm:

abe pete :rolleyes:

Deer enjoy the protection of the deer act.

They may be shot with shotguns, with a certain load; but only in very specific circumstances.

The law requires them to be shot with a centerfire rifle not less than .240'' anf irfing a expanding bullet.

There is no culling licence needed but most police forces like people to have a Deer Stalking Certificate (DSC1) before they will grant a FAC for a deer caliber rifle.

You will need to apply for a FAC to shoot those deer.

Fantastic trolling BTW.

Deer enjoy the protection of the deer act.

They may be shot with shotguns, with a certain load; but only in very specific circumstances.

The law requires them to be shot with a centerfire rifle not less than .240'' anf irfing a expanding bullet.

There is no culling licence needed but most police forces like people to have a Deer Stalking Certificate (DSC1) before they will grant a FAC for a deer caliber rifle.

You will need to apply for a FAC to shoot those deer.

Fantastic trolling BTW.

In England

In general terms... err......... no!

Why is it illegal?Show your source as ive always been under the impression it is if you meet the criteria for having to.Dont confuse your ethics with facts fella as they are two different things.

http://www.shootinglaw.co.uk/articles/tools_for_the_job.doc

Edited by sako751sg

Why is it illegal?Show your source as ive always been under the impression it is if you meet the criteria for having to.Dont confuse your ethics with facts fella as they are two different things.

right im geting confused now (ya or na)

as for how many pages this will turn up i dont no

but im clearly stateing a question only, after all thats what

pw is usefull for right?

Edited by rapid basher

http://www.shootinglaw.co.uk/articles/tools_for_the_job.doc

For gods sake!! IN GENERAL TERMS it is illegal to shoot deer with a shotgun!

One can shoot deer with specific cartridges under specific local conditions.... The OP talks about 'doing deer' whilst out on the pigeons... shooting deer with 32g 5s is not legal unless you are doing it to dispatch a wounded beast and even then I would argue there are more humane ways of doing it!

The relevant section from YOUR link...

"In England and Wales there are still those who, 35 years after the passing of the original 1968 Deer Act, regard a 12 bore shotgun as suitable for shooting deer. In certain, limited circumstances (where serious damage is being caused) it is of course legal to use a shotgun. S.7 of the Deer Act 1991 provides that it must not be less than a 12 bore. It may only be used by the occupier of the land and other specific categories of person when damage is being done by deer of the same species that are being shot. For example, it would not be legal to shoot roe with a shotgun if the serious damage was being inflicted by muntjac.

As to ammunition for the shotgun, this must either be rifled slug of not less than 22.68 grammes (350 grains) or AAA shot."

As far as I am aware, the last part... AAA shot or rifled slugs require specific authority on a FAC and then must be conditioned for deer on said FAC.

Edited by Vipa

As far as I am aware, the last part... AAA shot or rifled slugs require specific authority on a FAC and then must be conditioned for deer on said FAC.

AAA do not require any special licence, normal shotgun is fine. I have a box of 3" 50g AAA for the job.

It is legal for the landowner to kill a deer with said 12g cartridge if need be. My land had a cul-de-sac in the deer fence where one could be trapped, distressed, and very difficult to move. Fortunately it never happened, the AAA would need very careful use as I'm sure they would travel a long way.

There are lots of laws regarding deer but unfortunatly they don't get enforced by the police, its the firearm you are using that they are really interested in. Personally I dont think a shotgun is a tool for controlling deer of any sort though I have found pellets in Munties and fallow, along with 22lr bullets. If you were driving down the road with a Munty in the back and only possessed a shotgun would a police officer take it any further if your license was intact, the majority of them wouldnt even know. :/

For gods sake!! IN GENERAL TERMS it is illegal to shoot deer with a shotgun!

One can shoot deer with specific cartridges under specific local conditions.... The OP talks about 'doing deer' whilst out on the pigeons... shooting deer with 32g 5s is not legal unless you are doing it to dispatch a wounded beast and even then I would argue there are more humane ways of doing it!

The relevant section from YOUR link...

"In England and Wales there are still those who, 35 years after the passing of the original 1968 Deer Act, regard a 12 bore shotgun as suitable for shooting deer. In certain, limited circumstances (where serious damage is being caused) it is of course legal to use a shotgun. S.7 of the Deer Act 1991 provides that it must not be less than a 12 bore. It may only be used by the occupier of the land and other specific categories of person when damage is being done by deer of the same species that are being shot. For example, it would not be legal to shoot roe with a shotgun if the serious damage was being inflicted by muntjac.

As to ammunition for the shotgun, this must either be rifled slug of not less than 22.68 grammes (350 grains) or AAA shot."

I think you will find most shooting is illegal in your "general" term.We need tickets for this and tickets for that and reasons for this and reasons for that.So please post facts to help the OP and not ****.I shoot red deer when im shooting roe deer with 75 grain Vmax,but amazingly i manage to carry 100 grainers and use them for the red.Just because the OP is shooting doos with 32g of 6s doesnt mean he cant carry a few appropriate for roe.You should check up on things and then post helpful insights,and since when has AAA shot required specific authority?Again please post a link as you are making this thread more confusing than it should be.

Edited by sako751sg

:lol:

Nom nom nom, everyone on the bait and chugging it down.

The answer to the question originally put (having regard to context, the OP's previous posts / experience and spelling :lol: ) is just "no".

Don't get complicated, don't bother explaining, the answer is "no". Now close the thread. Simples. Everyone happy and safe :good:

I think you will find most shooting is illegal in your "general" term.We need tickets for this and tickets for that and reasons for this and reasons for that.So please post facts to help the OP and not ****.I shoot red deer when im shooting roe deer with 75 grain Vmax,but amazingly i manage to carry 100 grainers and use them for the red.Just because the OP is shooting doos with 32g of 6s doesnt mean he cant carry a few appropriate for roe.You should check up on things and then post helpful insights,and since when has AAA shot required specific authority?Again please post a link as you are making this thread more confusing than it should be.

Now you are just talking complete ********... wind your neck in and go and troll somewhere else! :rolleyes:

You are making dangerous statements and potentially confusing those possibly inexperienced when it comes to shooting deer and the laws surrounding such activities... You are putting the OP at risk both legally and from a safety standpoint.

Shooting Deer with a shotgun is only legal under very specific local conditions with very specific equipment and the shooter must have VERY good and VERY specific reasons for doing so.. You can't just 'carry a few appropriate shells' to take the odd deer that may cross your path whilst out on the pigeons. You would have to be be able to prove the damage being done and show that it was 'serious,' prove that it was that species of deer doing the damage and you would have to be the 'occupier' of the land.

As has already been said... in the context of the original post and in general terms, it is illegal under the Deer Act to shoot a deer with a shotgun!

Mods... as Mungler has asked, please close this thread before someone gets arrested/hurt!

Edited by Vipa