SUNDAYS SPORT

the pelt man

post-1579-1152478562.jpgpost-1579-1152478626.jpgpost-1579-1152478645.jpgHad a good afternoon/eve

Bit of fishing pulled out this nice Common Carp Guess the weight !!. Put up a good fight on light takle about 8-10 min's. Taken on a floating free lined dog biscuit on a size 8 barbless hook. :blush::good:

Had my Tikka T3 Laminate/Stainless .243 called this Doe in, she turned away from me about 20 yards

out through a clump of trees, shot through the back of head 80 grain win smashed & riped out lower jaw on exit :blush: . I only take head shots if there aint a Heart lung shot on. All in all a good end to a slow weekend. :good:

PELTMAN

Get yourself a six footer, Take the rear legs of your Fallow at the knee & stick on a gramble.

Keep your eyes open on e-bay you should be able to pick one up for £80-£120. :blush:

I got mine out of a paper it said it was a 6' but turned out a bit shorter when i arrived to pick it up :blush:

so i knocked him down £20 :good: . i think i got it for £60 cant remeber. Its a Scandinova costs over £500 new.

I got it with 1 year left on the warrenty.

Its a must for any Hunter, a great bit of kit.

PELTMAN

post-1579-1152478562.jpgpost-1579-1152478626.jpgpost-1579-1152478645.jpgHad a good afternoon/eve

Had my Tikka T3 Laminate/Stainless .243 called this Doe in, she turned away from me about 20 yards

out through a clump of trees, shot through the back of head 80 grain win smashed & riped out lower jaw on exit :good: . I only take head shots if there aint a Heart lung shot on. All in all a good end to a slow weekend. :good:

PELTMAN

Peltman,

80 grain in . 243 not sure that meets the requirment :good: 1700ft Lb?

Peltman,

80 grain in . 243 not sure that meets the requirment :no: 1700ft Lb?

Deer Man

.243 Win 80 Grain

MUZZEL VELOCITY 3350 :good:

MUZZEL ENERGY 1993 :good:

I think someone has got something wrong don't you :lol:

Next you'll be telling Me its closed season on Muntjac Doe's.

Call yourself Deer Man :no: , Question Me on my Ammo & you dont know. The Win X in .243 is a common round so you should know the Ballistics of Winchester rounds used for Deer. :lol:

Do you Cull/Manage or even stalk Deer ? :good:

PELTMAN

The weekend got better then PM :no:

I'd guess 8.5 lbs

Tasty looking bit of meat you got there :good:

SS

Hi SS

Thats what my Wife says to Me when i hang it out :good::lol: , :no::lol::lol:

Your a little high on the weight of the Fish, but not far away.

& yes the weekend got a lot better thanks :good: Shame about the Drizzle for you :lol:

PELTMAN

Peltman,

80 grain in . 243 not sure that meets the requirment :no: 1700ft Lb?

Deer Man

.243 Win 80 Grain

MUZZEL VELOCITY 3350 :unsure:

MUZZEL ENERGY 1993 ;)

I think someone has got something wrong don't you :yes:

Next you'll be telling Me its closed season on Muntjac Doe's.

Call yourself Deer Man :lol: , Question Me on my Ammo & you dont know. The Win X in .243 is a common round so you should know the Ballistics of Winchester rounds used for Deer. :P

Do you Cull/Manage or even stalk Deer ? :sly:

PELTMAN

Oh dear Pelt Man (no pun intended) it would seem ive rattled your cage! As I said in my original post this sign "?" is a question mark. That means it was a question. Without consulting my reloading manuals I was not sure because nobody I know would use an 80grain bullet on deer only fox. :lol:

I suggest If you are reloading and producing 3350 fps that it is almost certainly at maximum load, according to my manuals. Hodgson can load up to 3450fps!

I suppose I am very lucky as I have access to 5 species of deer, Red Fallow, Sika, Roe and Muntjac, the minimum bullet I have seen one of my collegues use is a 95 grain and only on the smaller species.

Four of those species are on one area! :good:

I agrre the .243 is a common caliber and a capable deer round but I would advocate a minimum of 100 grain for deer only. This is of coures personel preference but I feel anything lighter is to fragile! I do not agree that .22 centerfire should be legal for the smaller species, it opens a can of worms not only from a poaching point but from a humane point!