46lb pike

davie mac

What a whacker!! Full of spawn so hope she goes back OK. People think Pike are strong ferocious creatures but they don't stand the sort of mishandling a Carp can take.

My PB is 28 3/4lb, caught two exactly the same size.

Best day was when 3 of us fishing in a boat in an Irish Lough had 5 different 20's between us, all on lures and including one of my PB's.

Took me 20 years to get my PB up to 30.06 but that is a real lump , though no doubt it will be full of spawn this time of year, the sad thing is unless the lake has a owner who cares about this fishes welfare more than money it is likely to be dead before long as it will be targeted by the pike circus and they just cant take the stress.

Took me 20 years to get my PB up to 30.06 but that is a real lump , though no doubt it will be full of spawn this time of year, the sad thing is unless the lake has a owner who cares about this fishes welfare more than money it is likely to be dead before long as it will be targeted by the pike circus and they just cant take the stress.

took the words right out of my mouth there....probably old as well and maybe nearing the end of its natural life.....like you said a fish that big just cant take the stress :no:

EDIT:- apparently nige williams has been camped out at wykeham and has snagged the beast at...............47lbs 1oz !!! ......just hearsay at them moment though so dont quote me !!! :yp:

Edited by jimbo1

took the words right out of my mouth there....probably old as well and maybe nearing the end of its natural life.....like you said a fish that big just cant take the stress :no:

Ha. same conversation we were having yesterday Jim.

:good:

Edited by JR1960

EDIT:- apparently nige williams has been camped out at wykeham and has snagged the beast at...............47lbs 1oz !!! ......just hearsay at them moment though so dont quote me !!! :yp:

Very true, they don't take the stress. Wonder whether she has been turning up previous years as a high 30? We occasionally hear of a big pike that just seems to have turned up out of the blue at a massive weight. I guess you could easily take off 10lbs for spawn looking at the belly.

Nicely marked fish and actually looks in good condition! The growth rate of pike can vary enormously depending on their food supply and other conditions so difficult to tell her age without more info.

wow thats massive spent a good 10 years hunting big pike my best pb was 36.1 from nostle proiry nr wakefeild on a dead roach and i thought that was impressive but hats off to that lad its a fish of a life time

spent some fruitless days there fella, could only just get into double figures all the times i went, knew there were some big girls in there, it looks run down and full off weed now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...