Loan company keep asking for more

Dougy

Hi all,

I am not in the habbit of having anything i cannot afford, its either go without or save up. But when we were offered interest free credit for a Suite from DFS we thought well why not, money in our account is better than in there's. We could of paid cash, we now wish we had of done.

12 Monthly payments made all done and dusted, proof of payments on the statements and confirmation from the bank. Every last penny.

We keep getting phone calls from Santander threatening court for money we owe :angry: We are 100% sure no money is owed so who can suggest a legal route to stop this bullying. I have asked them to correspond via mail only from now on so we have some solid black and white proof.

Has anyone else had simalar issues ???

I have'nt got a dog so i cant send truffles through the post, well doggie ones anyway.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surely they must have said how much is owed and why it is owed??

Yes they did, but the total sum paid was correct the amount they say we owe came from god knows were, this was over 12 months ago.

I have just been scanning www and it seems i am not alone there seems to be plenty who get harrased by SANTANDER for simalar things.

If you have proof of payment ,then send them a letter with your proof of payment by recorded post . Then ignore them . Incidently ,there is no such thing as interest free credit . You will have paid interest to santander some where down the line . The furniture company will have charged you interest on the furniture and passed the deal onto the finance co .

Harnser .

You will have paid interest to santander some where down the line . The furniture company will have charged you interest on the furniture and passed the deal onto the finance co .

Harnser .

Yes i understand that, but thats on the price when you buy the goods, not an add on extra as they feel fit over a year later.

They pray on defaults for extra and bang on the interest.

Yes i understand that, but thats on the price when you buy the goods, not an add on extra as they feel fit over a year later.

They pray on defaults for extra and bang on the interest.

All the more reason you should send them proof of payment and then tell them horlicks .

Harnser .

Look carefully on the loan agreement you signed on the DFS trade premises, check your bank statements to confirm that all the repayments were made and give Santander a ring and sort it out.

Do they say you missed an instalment?

Did you pay on the due dates?

Have you made all the repayments?

Was there a missed final instalment?

:unsure:

We have proof, they have been told this over 6 months ago but they keep harrassing. i will wait for further response from them before i take it further.

IMO I wouldnt wait , it could potentially damage your credit rating !! you need to send them the written proof by signed delivery to prove you have paid :good:

if you have missed even by one day you have to pay all the interest.

I sent my wife down to dfs with cash to buy a suite, the salesman talked her out of paying cash and of course she forgot about the credit agreement. 12 mths later a bill arrived, and I paid it straight away.

an agreement is an agreement even if they are a bunch of low life's who will never get any more business from me :lol:

Edited by artschool

IMO I wouldnt wait , it could potentially damage your credit rating !! you need to send them the written proof by signed delivery to prove you have paid :good:

My credit rating is virtually non existent, i have only recently started to use a credit card, the only loan i have is my house, other than that i am not too bothered about how good or bad my credit rating is or has been. Sorry not a dig at you fruity :good:

no payments were missed, the agreement has been read and read again and nothing missed

If they phone give nothing away until you get the caller's name and details.

Then ask them to write to you and explain precisely what it is they say you owe and under what agreement and not to phone again, else you will consider it harassment.

Wait for the letter.

Phone calls count for nothing. It sounds like pester power.

Are you sure it relates to DFS? I didn't think they would back off their credit with anyone as High Street as Santander - I think it might be something else or a scam for you to give up some details.

It happens - keep your powder dry and get as much information as possible so that you have the best understanding possible of precisely what is going on and why.

I still owe you for that photo so if it gets messy send the papers over and I'll get it sorted.

My credit rating is virtually non existent, i have only recently started to use a credit card, the only loan i have is my house, other than that i am not too bothered about how good or bad my credit rating is or has been. Sorry not a dig at you fruity :good:

no payments were missed, the agreement has been read and read again and nothing missed

Non taken but these companies will just black list you everywhere as part of course that was all, so would be better to clear your name sooner than later as you have the proof :good:

dispute the dept to everyone including dept collectors they cannot enforce on a disputed dept let them take you to court if they wish, prove you paid case dismissed costs against them if any job done

Not as simple as that - sometimes they'll just go for the immediate black listing and then sell the debt on to collectors and you then have the pleasure of dealing with the numpties at a collection agency in 2 years time.

I had a falling out with a credit card company - someone phoned them up pretending to me and said I had moved to Hayes, Middlesex whereafter the card company obligingly sent the fraudsters a fresh card and pin number. Unsurprisingly, the fraudsters went shopping with the shiney new card and pin number and did £15k odd in one hit on Tottenham Court Road. The credit card company then came after me for the money - but the really funny bit was they kept sending the letters and statements to the bogus address, long after I told them where they had gone wrong.

I didn't pay and they black listed me. I took them to Court and sought an injunction forcing them to fix any adverse credit entries and pay a modest amount in damages and an outrageous amount in legal costs. Even with an injunction they couldn't get it right - they didn't fix the adverse entry and so back to Court we went.

Years later and my credit rating is still up in the air - I've had the firm's PI pull all my credit reports with every agency known to mankind and they all show 100% clean but when I apply for credit (even a peanuts amount) the answer is "computer says no and we can't tell you why". It doesn't bother me because I don't need credit but I don't like the idea of a big brother banking system keeping records on me and that the information they hold is incorrect but there is nothing I can do about it.

The way they normally look to stiff you on these 0% agreements (and balance transfer agreements) is that if just one of the payments is a nanosecond late beyond the contractual terms then there's a kicker clause that says that interest will become immediately due and payable on all sums advanced under the agreement at the normal rate (which is probably 18 to 24% APR).

We've seen clients take a 0% balance transfer on £10k of credit card debt, their main current account gets compromised or there's a problem on their monthly standing orders or direct debits and the direct debit due on the card doesn't go out (for whatever reason) and they then get handed a £2k bill for interest on the whole £10k over however long it's been running at 0% (and there's sometimes an extra 1% surcharge fee in there for fun).

Edited by Mungler

I presume you have a statement of account ( which is a legal requirment ). Next time they phone you ask for their name and position as you are going to report them for demanding money with harrasment unless they can provide one shred of evidence that you owe anything. the last thing is you want is a copy of the agreement as you wish also to claim back any ppi applied to the loan. The very last thing you ask for is the address of the fanancial ombidsman as you wish to take your complaint to them