MTC SCOPES

telf

If MTC have a problem, it'll be the number of shooters that do not approve of the reticle choice. Because of their inherent value for money, sales would rocket if this was not the case and one which I think is right enough. However, the AMD is the least cluttered (it's also on the new Genesis) and as it's only the small centre cross hairs which illuminate with the IR, Id say go for it.

If MTC have a problem, it'll be the number of shooters that do not approve of the reticle choice. Because of their inherent value for money, sales would rocket if this was not the case and one which I think is right enough. However, the AMD is the least cluttered (it's also on the new Genesis) and as it's only the small centre cross hairs which illuminate with the IR, Id say go for it.

Totally agree there. I have the MTC 4-16x50 Taipan on my HMR and while its a great scope for the money i must admit the reticle is a little cluttered. Knowing what i know now i would have chosen the AMD reticle. Whichever reticle you chose though i think they represent value for money :good:

ATB,

Pat

They are ok. Not the best in low light or with a low sun. But for the price value for money.

I think they are very good for the money but agree about low light (though IR helps a bit then) and low sun (when picture can become "milky"). If you want better I think you have to pay a lot more or buy quality secondhand. A great company for customer support as well

thanks for the replys,seems to be a decent scope,the reticle i would get would be the AMD as i think that will be the best one for the .22 due to the amount of holdover points.Idont think there are many scopes out there with this sort of ret.Would you say the taipan or genesis

atb dave

thanks for the replys,seems to be a decent scope,the reticle i would get would be the AMD as i think that will be the best one for the .22 due to the amount of holdover points.Idont think there are many scopes out there with this sort of ret.Would you say the taipan or genesis

atb dave

I also have a Viper but must say that I've only quickly looked through the Taipan. If you're going for live quarry, then if possible I'd say go for the Genesis.

atb dave

If you can stretch to it the Genesis is very good. I have one on my hmr and my fac rapid.

Edited by mick miller

I fully agree with that about the busy retical costing them huge potential sales but they may just be obsessive about keeping their range down to air rifle usage. I'd add as constructive criticism that the knobbly quick occular focus is a pain for putting a DSA over, but that bit is a limited market issue.

I've a Mamba on my HMR. I'm generally quite pleased with it, good clarity and build quality for the money. I don't know what the reticle is called, but its got mildots and some kind of UPSIDE DOWN CHRISTMAS TREE affair. Way too fussy for what I need.

Are you sure you have it mounted the right way up? :lol:

I fully agree with that about the busy retical costing them huge potential sales but they may just be obsessive about keeping their range down to air rifle usage. I'd add as constructive criticism that the knobbly quick occular focus is a pain for putting a DSA over, but that bit is a limited market issue.

If you're correct about any intention to limit the range to air rifles, it may just be that the suppliers will have something to say about it - sadly, that's business!

All these scopes have a second focal plane so a quick occular focus is not necessary. I've found that it can move when opening the cover which can then foul on the rifle. Once the focus is set there's no need to move it unlike on, perhaps, a first focal plane scope, so a locking version would be better.

had a look at the tiapan today, very impressed with the glass and the scope overall,quite a big scope but seems solidly built.The one i looked through had the xmas tree(scb ret i think its called), not the one i want but got a good idea of the quality of the optics,the only thing i didnt really like was the extending sunshade but i think that its possible to take it off,not sure though.Am going to try and have a look at the genesis before the weekend before i make my mind up but all in all they seem to be a very good,solid scope

atb dave

Edited by telf

I've a Mamba on my HMR. I'm generally quite pleased with it, good clarity and build quality for the money. I don't know what the reticle is called, but its got mildots and some kind of upside down Christmas tree affair. Way too fussy for what I need.

I have the mamba and mine is just a dot . It has the low turrets and works a treat on my HMR with the dial in turret , I have a laminate on the side of the stock for the ranges and the clicks to dial in up to 300 yards . Its pretty much spot on with many a long range rabbits to its name.

I cant fault the scope .

Daz