Theoben

Sconer

Hi guys, just thought i would share this,

Ordered a theoben mfr. was told it would take 4-6 weeks to arrive, waited six weeks now been told it will be the end of may. Because they are having a problem with the buddy bottles. (wouldn,t say exactly what the problem was) but the rifle was ready apart from this.

I told them i had a spare bottle and please will you send the rifle and send the bottle when they have sorted this problem.

Guess what? Still no rifle.

To say i'm dissapointed is an understatement. Was really looking forward to this rifle.

Has anybody else had any issues with theoben? I for one will never deal with them ever again.

Great guys? Really?

Absolutely the rudest, worst customer service I've yet encountered. Downright ignorant in fact. I make a point of always being polite and courteous, sadly Theoben's staff don't do the same. They've been trading off the same design off rifle for the last umpteen years with little modification but passing of successive models as 'new' rifles, they aren't, they're old design rifles in a new design stock or with a larger/smaller bottle and perhaps an 'enhanced' trigger. I use the term 'enhanced' loosely.

Don't get me wrong, I bought a TTR1, mainly because the old design is pretty much tried and tested and relatively bullet proof but christ-on-a-bike the quality control had to be seen to be believed. As I wanted a FAC rifle I bought a standard model and then sent it up to Milbro (Ben Taylor) to be converted as in my opinion the Theoben fast-flow is cobblers. Ben fixed the trigger that had a terrible amount of creep, ensured the pellet probe and barrel were actually positioned as they should be, and fitted his regulator which can handle pretty much any pressure you wish to throw at it, is consistent and reliable. Then, once I had stripped the paint off the stock and finished it in Tru-Oil and ensured the silencer was aligned as it should have been so the pellets didn't clip it I ended up with a rifle that I can be happy with and that looks good, hell I can even get the magazines in without having to resort to a hammer now.

I can't comment on buying a new air rifle from them but I recently had a second hand Rapid sent over to them by my local RFD for servicing. They had the gun back with him in 1 week,and the performance is spot on. Can't get much better than that. :good:

Edited by the enigma

Hmmm, yes... Daystate. This is the same Daystate I spoke to after I had bought a discontinued Harrier X in .177 off a member on here, secondhand. The rifle was minus a safety switch and one other part. I rang Daystate and said I'd bought a secondhand air rifle, privately, and that I wanted a safety switch for it. Although most helpful they were unable to determine which safety it required as the rifle was made at a cross-over period for them, 'no problem' they said, 'send us a photo of the rear of the action' which I duly did. Two days later the safety arrived along with the other missing part, free of charge and sent First Class. Yes, now that is what I call customer service.

Same as Deben.

Same as NiteSite.

Same as MTC.

IMO Theoben are very poor in their Customer Service dept!!I love Theoben rifles as they are top quality but their service is awful!

I bought a Rapid in '97 as it was my dream gun and as soon as I got it was leaking bad!Spoke to the Receptionist and basicly was fobbed off so I demanded to speak to Dave THEObald.I returned my Rapid and was told shortly after that my gun shouldn't have left the QC of Theoben in the first place as it failed 3 counts of Air Testing!

Anyway they sent out my rifle after repair only for it to arrive back to me with the Safety Catch dangling off!Rang Theoben again to be spoken to by BEN Taylor.He turns round to say that the Safety Catch is my fault and that I broke it!!!I calmly told Mr Taylor that if he didn't get this rifle sorted once and for all I would Demand my money back!!After all the farce I went through over my gun it was finally sorted!

Bought a Theoben E-Type about 5 years ago and after the Air Cylinder had discharged itself and falling off I hated to think that I had to contact these people again after the Nonsense I'd gone through before!!

If you get a good Theoben rifle they are great but if you don't,as I said before Customer Service is Rubbish!!!

Just to update guys, spoke to them again today to see if my rifle had been dispatched, it hadn,t

They siad they didn,t even have the woodwork yet.

THEOBEN ARE TOTAL LIARS AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I dont care if they are good any more. I dont want one. I have cancelled my order.

Just to update guys, spoke to them again today to see if my rifle had been dispatched, it hadn,t

They siad they didn,t even have the woodwork yet.

THEOBEN ARE TOTAL LIARS AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I dont care if they are good any more. I dont want one. I have cancelled my order.

That is very poor indeed!!If they can't look after their Customers then they ain't gonna get any custom and everyone knows what happens then!!

Get a nice Air Arms or Daystate-Great Service from both companies!!

Everyone who swears by there rapid more or less has it on fac power. Are they rubbish sub 12? Its a shame that im not getting one now cause i was really looking forward to it.

I am amazed theoben have any guns out there cause of their customer service

dont rate the theoben triggers, for the money there ****

Ive owned three mk1's over the years including my current fac mk1 which although it has the gamo trigger its been tweaked by yoda bigAl over on the rapid forum making it much sweeter. As for the mk2 rapid ive just bought the trigger fitted is the mk4 which is a totally different unit to the old gamo and is very smooth. I would never buy a rapid brand new as i agree the build quality on new ones is poor but get an old pre-anti tamper and you have ususally got a good un.

There are some top lads over on the rapid forum who will sort out any problems with the rapid rifles for not much money. I wouldnt beg an electronic 'Gaystate' rifle as i dont like the idea of shelling out big dollar for servicing/repair costs and more importantly i just dont like them...

Servicing costs for rapids is cheap and perfectly do-able yourself. :good:

I don't think anyone questions the action, it's tried and tested. What were discussing here is the customer service, which frankly often stinks. Then there's the QC of new rifles, equally bad.

As I said, I bought a Rapid as I know that they're bomb proof, it still took a visit to a trusted third party to get it set right (the trigger is now superb but that shouldn't have to be 'fixed' by someone else should it? Just as the relationship between the barrel and the pellet probe, or the silencer alignment? Perhaps I'm just too picky?). As for the conversion to FAC, I don't think there is a better regulator than Ben's. It handles any bottle pressure I wish to throw at it and gives consistency over a number of shots. There's no way I would have handed the rifle back to Theoben to convert to FAC, no way on God's green Earth.