Lead ban?

Lead ban ...... No real problem steel will do the job in all but extream ranges.

I'm sure you are correct, it will do the job.

But I don't want to have to use steel, especially as I don't see any need to.

Nor do I want to throw away my old guns that aren't suitable for steel.

Nor do I want to pay unthinkable prices for non steel alternatives, especially in small bores such as .410.

We have a place in Scotland called Leadhills its called that for a good reason and the people about there some of them are still alive !

I've been eating shot game since my early teens and I'm no deid yit. This same EU is happy enough to tax tobacco and continue to kill thousands from that its about time we got some of these Euro MP's by the chuckies and slapped sme sense into them. Maybe we (shooters) should put up a sponsored Euro MP to show it can be done and to flex muscles that the domestic politicians forget we have. :devil::shoot:

I heard yesterday that the E.U. are going to be going after a lead shot ban in a big way again.

Consensus was that they will prob get it this time too.

Anyone else heard anything?

Nothing to worry about.

The Federation of European Hunting Associations (FACE) are on to it. :good:

What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.face.eu/CONS_leadshot-en.htm

:no: :no:

Lead shot is actually a safer form of lead than the raw material itself. So in effect we as hunters are improving the enviroment! :lol:

It's not just lead shot they want banned though.

Bullets are on the agenda too.

A great part of the pleasure I derive from shooting is in the use of vintage shotguns, current favourite is 122 years old. These guns were made for and shoot best with lead shot, like others I have spent a life time eating shot game and I'm no deid yet. Another reason why we should dump this expensive unneccesary tier of political interferance. Anyway if you want to see a wide variety of wildlife in the countryside, predators excepted, you will find it on an estate where shooting with leadshot has been carried out for two hundred years.

Blackpowder

A great part of the pleasure I derive from shooting is in the use of vintage shotguns, current favourite is 122 years old. These guns were made for and shoot best with lead shot, like others I have spent a life time eating shot game and I'm no deid yet. Another reason why we should dump this expensive unneccesary tier of political interferance. Anyway if you want to see a wide variety of wildlife in the countryside, predators excepted, you will find it on an estate where shooting with leadshot has been carried out for two hundred years.

Blackpowder

Well said,all based on common sense,of which the EU has none sadly !