452 cz varmint 17HMR

alendil

Hi,

As noone else has replied yet i may as well, I have also recently got my FAC too and a 452 american 17hmr and im very pleased with it. Im still getting used to shooting it and the trigger isnt amazing so will do the kit in the near future, other than that it is a good solid rifle.

I have the SAK mod and it does a decent enough job for me but I have no comparison to other mods. I have a cheapish scope at the mo (Hawke) but will look to spending a bit more when i can.

i was in the opposite situation to you,i got a cz452 hmr first and then got an anschutz 1417 .22,i kept the cz for a while but the differance between the 2 guns proved to much for me so the cz was sold and an annie 1517 took its place.CZs are great guns but when you get a gun that gives you that "i can do it feeling" thats the gun for you.As i said czs are great guns but for me its annie all the way,good luck with which ever one you get hmrs are great fun i have a dm80 mod and zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 cracking set up

atb dave

Edited by telf

Hi,just seen your post. I had a cz452, great rifle, had a ase utra moderator that was reasonable and a 6-24x50 scope.Had my rifle six years it was a good tool, i've just sold the 452 and replaced it with a 455 thumbhole.Hope this helps.

Hi nothing wrong with cz put a £10 trigger kit on and it will be as good as anything at twice the price, i have one varmint and one sporter both are spot on.When it comes to moderators i have DM80 and Wildcat Whisper both very good quality,Scopes i use Khales 7x56 il dot and 3x12-50 s/b.Atb Woodydog.

CZ's are great guns in any format, the 452 is a brilliant work horse that is accurate and reliable, and has a vast number of very happy users. They do everything you need.

You can spend more money on a more refined rifle with a different name, it might feel nicer (though this is usually down to personal preference anyway), it probably won't shoot any better, but will be a nicer gun.

For value for money nothing comes close to a CZ, or if you spend more you can get a nicer rifle that does the same job but you might like more.

Ive had a few cz's in my time, i got rid of my cz .17hmr three years ago when i lost my main permission. Ive now got a variation in for another at the moment as luckily i now have plenty of land. I already own a 14" barrelled 22lr model 2 brno which is lovely to use. The brno's and cz's are cracking rifles imo :good: .

Sorry to hijack the thread, for those of you using trigger kits on your 452's, which ones are you using? Currently waiting for Rimfire Magic to be open when I remember to call them to order one as they don't appear to do online ordering!

FM

This is the yodave one, takes about a week to get here. Tried to pm you but your inbox won't accept pm's :hmm:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CZ-452-455-and-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit-/160800484012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item257074aaac

I'm not sure you will enjoy the CZ as much as your Annie, you will need a trigger kit firstly, then you will find its never as smooth etc. I would look at something like a second hand weirauch in .17 flavour, cheaper than an anschutz but still german build quality. not that the CZ's are bad rifles, they are bloody accurate and well made for the cost, but it might be like driving an audi, and then getting in a fiesta...

Sorry to hijack the thread, for those of you using trigger kits on your 452's, which ones are you using? Currently waiting for Rimfire Magic to be open when I remember to call them to order one as they don't appear to do online ordering!

FM

Spend a bit more and get a Timney trigger.They make a good CZ even better!

Do you have to alter the stock to get it to fit?

Yes,you need to remove a small amount of wood around the trigger unit,a Dremel

tool is ideal.Well worth the money tho`,I used the RFM kit previously but

the Timney is MUCH better!Makes those long shots much more hitable !

Hope this helps.

I owned to CZ varmint in 17HMR for some time myself. With a light head or tailwind it was sub 1/2 MOA all day long out to 150 yds or so. I am not a fan of any trigger kits for the CZ i have said this many times on here, they do however need a fair few rounds through them to become real sweet.

I remember my first rounds through this gun- boy was i disapointed! I recon i put about 150 rounds through it before i realy got to terms with just how windy a calibre it is and also the bore certainly needed to be run in on a shoot and clean basis before i got hold of the guns worth.

You could spend a massive ammount more on a HMR but it wont shoot any better, mine shot the 17 grn or 20 grn fodder equally well

So

I got myself CZ 452-2E american in 17HMR with varmint barrel.

and nico stirling game king scope 4-16x50 ( or 44 dont remember from top of my head)

sak mod.

it took 8 rounds to get scope in.(perfect set up will take some more work and 100 yds mesure distance)

and 1h after i bough it i have shot first bunny.

it was only 50 yards away so damage was :oops:

it is superb gun

not as nice as anschutz but for brand new gun in this price not bad. triger is just right for me on .17.

P.S. how to clean it (barrel do it or not)

loads of different opinions on this some say no ,others including myself clean it.I clean it after every outing with patches,solvent and now i also use a bronze brush on the advice of another member on here,had no problems with it up to now.If you do clean it with patches you will also need bore guide,rod,jags and brushes(midway uk)Good luck and enjoy it

atb dave