rape suprise

zipmiester

i was walking my dog on my permission where there is rape as tall as me now 5,7 :) and whilst walking notcied a few pigeons dropping on it so i decided to take a walk over the other side whist squeezing myself down a tractor line a huge grey cloud lifted pigeons !!!!!!!2-300 well i thought i better have a day shooting tommorow. so on walking the ground they have deverstated a good couple of football pitches off this 60 acre field. the time was around 5 ish.

so packed and ready i pick my dad up and off we go, we set up the hide around 10 yards out from the woods behind us just to where they havent eat away the golden flowers. i put out a turbo flapper and 25 shell decoys whilst my dad makes a perfect hide, the decoys se all facing in a horseshoe into the wind facing us :), we put the chairs in and get a flask of tea on the go.

the pigeons were soon on there way and honestly if there were on the skyline they were coming for us one thing in mind feeding so my first bird i shot landed in the hide lol who needs a dog hehe. they kept coming and whilst we were picking up shot a few more there were evan landing whist piking up dead.

i noticed a few young? does that mean migrates? on taking a count we shot 18 and lost 3 in the high stuff but this was a great day and the first day i took my dad with me. do you think they will continue to feed on this stunted part of the field ?? thanks guys for reading i will add a pic of the crop damage

post-58202-0-50495500-1337111023.jpg

nice one

yep they will continue to go on there, so well worth having another look or 2 at it, ps they wouldn,t have ate the flowers off that patch,judging from the pic the flowers never even developed fully to start with due to it being stunted :good:

Edited by yickdaz

nah the flowers didnt grow, i still dont get it lol ?? not wat i was expecting ?? im not being sarcastic just asking lol :) the farmer tried to get it back with fertilisers but it has been seriously chompped thanks for the comments and im going there for a full day saturday :)

well done fella. i agree with motty that the rape probably didnt take that well, but the pigeons won't help so keep at em and keep the farmer happy. :good: if you are going saturday use the dead birds you shot today as deeks and take plenty of shells :yes: nothing wrong with shell decoys but you can't beat the real thing! let us know how you get on.

nah the flowers didnt grow, i still dont get it lol ?? not wat i was expecting ?? im not being sarcastic just asking lol :) the farmer tried to get it back with fertilisers but it has been seriously chompped thanks for the comments and im going there for a full day saturday :)

I have to admit that knowing the "warped sense of humour" that some members of this forum have got (Myself included) when a thread is titled "Rape Surprise" I was expecting to find a member telling us how he had gone out for a walk in the woods and had been molested by a trannie" :lol::lol::lol:

I see that you don't have many posts yet so I assume that you are a relatively new member - As such you will get used to our little whiticisms(sp) and dry/warped sense of humour in time, until then don't worry about it mate! :rolleyes:

A good effort but it might well pay dividends to keep an eye on this field and have another session when the weather permits as the pigeons are likely to carry on hammering the field if you don't keep on top of them. And watch out for those trannies, they can strike at the most unexpected times!! :lol::lol::lol:

Keep up the good work mate! :good:

p.s. Nothing personal but your moustache might well get a few comments, just as mine frequently does mate!

I'll let someone else explain that for you.

Edited by Frenchieboy

I never stop shooting rape better than pea`s, going tonight 5pm til well` they stop. it`s nice in the sun. off to the TT next week so give then a rest from me for a week or so, then give em hell again. :yes: keep your eyes on the grass land too, you can often get a good night or two on the green stuff. ;)