Rant about some auction site!!!!

leeds chimp

Been looking for a couple of new knifes for fishing and shooting and been recommended a Gerber and Mora...

So thought would have a look on a famous auction site for one..Just seen one now ending on site.COM and its cheap..worked out at £9 instead of £49..thought worth a bet as you do...comes up with the screen

Dear Buyer

To prevent the circumvention of the ****.co.uk and ****.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.

Thank you for your understanding.

**** Trust & Safety

WHY THE HELL NOT!!!!! I am over 18 and its not an illegal knife for gods sake :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:

It's thier poicy not to sell items on .com that you can't buy on .co.uk can you imagine the problem we would have if every ned wanted a new flick knife or worse ?In the U.S."the site" .com is prohibited from selling firearms but you can buy all the parts and assemble you choice of many hand guns at home.If you managed to purchase a knife the chances of you getting it through the screening is very low,I can usually bring a couple back if I pack them with my gun in the pelican case as it's very secure and they spend that much time checking the gun they don't bother about the knives.

john

eBay have stopped it - I bought my leatherman a few years ago from eBay from a US seller for less than half the uk price delivered - tried to get another as a gift last Christmas and eBay won't let you - clearly we English cannot be trusted with knives according to the idiots who run the site.

I even tried to set up a us ebay.com account and it still redirected me to .co.uk and said I couldn't bid. Ridiculous.

when you signed up did you verify your account and age ? is it a bank card or credit card linked to paypal ? credit card is 18+ and thats how they know .

been on the site since Feb 04 so would have been 21 at the time...all verified to my then address and paypal is linked to my bank account (so no fees for gifts ;) )

Why change it when its legal to buy in this country... :sly:

Tricky one this,i got mine off famous auction site but im aware that has now stopped... Go for a yank built knife made by Emerson,worth every penny but if you order one,take into account import tax that our ****sucking goverment charge,this obviously helps pay for there second homes & wives etc !!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm:

I found a shop in the US a few years ago on Ebay that i use for tattoo supplies, only ever went through Ebay the first time i've been dealing with them direct ever since, Maybe you could find the knife you want and get them to post it direct to you outside of the stupid Ebay regulation's.

Edited by lumpy

Been looking for a couple of new knifes for fishing and shooting and been recommended a Gerber and Mora...

So thought would have a look on a famous auction site for one..Just seen one now ending on site.COM and its cheap..worked out at £9 instead of £49..thought worth a bet as you do...comes up with the screen

Dear Buyer

To prevent the circumvention of the ****.co.uk and ****.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.

Thank you for your understanding.

**** Trust & Safety

WHY THE HELL NOT!!!!! I am over 18 and its not an illegal knife for gods sake :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:

Theyve obviously heard youre not to be trusted with sharp objects :lol: :lol:

I found a shop in the US a few years ago on Ebay that i use for tattoo supplies, only ever went through Ebay the first time i've been dealing with them direct ever since, Maybe you could find the knife you want and get them to post it direct to you outside of the stupid Ebay regulation's.

will have to check what "extra" customs might put on it then with VAT etc..if that applies :oops:

you'll just have to cough up then, tightwad :lol:

seriously though, if you're looking for a cheap but good knife, i have a kershaw folder i no longer need, i'll have to route it out though as i hid it last time the kids were over.

sounds good if you could let me have the details

sounds good if you could let me have the details

hi matt, just found it, Kershaw Black horse, black rubberised handle, stainless 1060 blade, marked made in japan. I've had this 20 odd years, the handle is showing slight signs of wear but the action is still smooth and firm, the blade is like new still.

Yours for a bottle of brewdog ipa :good::lol:

hi matt, just found it, Kershaw Black horse, black rubberised handle, stainless 1060 blade, marked made in japan. I've had this 20 odd years, the handle is showing slight signs of wear but the action is still smooth and firm, the blade is like new still.

Yours for a bottle of brewdog ipa :good::lol:

done deal. Drop me a pm with your addy again and will sort out to collect