.22 @ 16.00 Grains - 5.52 Head

.177 @ 11.00 Grains - 4.50 Head

Reason for Ogive Heads - Is better flight and harder Hitting

We are looking @ the possiblity a 4.52 .177 Version -

Will be sometime away -

Countryside Pursuits - did a Independant Test

For his TV Channel -

BOB/R

:hmm: Probably another gimmick there`s been lots over the years like Thunderbolts i tried them and what a wast of time :no: . You can`t beat a good PCP giving consistent power fitted with a Walther match barrel :good: . I use Crosman premiers :yes: . RWS superdomes :yes: . And the new RWS superfields :thumbs: are just brilliant i am talking 2p groups at 50 yds :yahoo: outstanding and hard hitting for hunting :good: . No pellet :no: is going to make a cheap springer fitted with a cheap barrel perform like Weinrauch 77. :no: Happy :shoot:

Club shot distributes them so am element of bias I think!

There not majorly different to penetrators, too heavy in my opinion.

even if they are a good barrel gun match then they will only be as good as the man behind the trigger , personnally i think they are a waste of time , why so heavy i use 8.4g with no problems ,

iv seen a test group shot with these on another forum and looked no better than anything else ,

Clubshot send me aload ill test um properly for you not just on paper in the back garden :lol:

I am a Associate of Pax Guns -

Involved in Pellet Design and Sales

Yes I promote Pax Pellets as made in UK - instead of other imported Pellets

All Pax one piece pellets - are Bullet Design

All are Stamped out of Quality wire - be it Lead or Zinc

They are made and sold Direct or Boxed and Labeled for other Companys

Might not be UK Biggest Seller - but are one of UK Major Exporters

As Millions are Shipped overseas to Air Gunners

No Pellet works in All Guns or Any Gun Fires All Pellets -

Most current Designs are made to order for Overseas Market

If they work - Great if not carry on using your growing Expensive imported pellets ;)

BOB/R

Edited by Clubshot

I use 10.5 Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums as I like something to stay dead if I blasted shoot it! I am determined to give these a try as Pax pellets are bleeding brilliant. How do I know? I had a Daystate X2 that absolutely loved the Prometheus Defiant 7.5 grain. Nothing else shot like it from that gun.

HPIM0841.jpg

That is a 10 shot 35 metre group.

Why so heavy? Accuracy! Especially in cross winds, a heavier pellet is much more stable in flight and hence more accurate! Just have to save some cash up and send to Bob so that I can give these a try in my Super 10! I never found a bad pellet with Pax pellets. I have never found a bad pellet with Crosman. The rubbish that JSB have produced though is beyond belief. I am not chucking £13 out for a tin of pellets only to find I have to throw a third away. No damage to the tin, but when the pellets inside are so deformed you cannot load them into the breech then you get well urinated away!

You do not always get what you pay for and with JSB sourced pellets (Air Arms etc), you do not get the quality that you expect at the price. Pax are well priced and work!

I am a Associate of Pax Guns -

Involved in Pellet Design and Sales

Yes I promote Pax Pellets as made in UK - instead of other imported Pellets

All Pax one piece pellets - are Bullet Design

All are Stamped out of Quality wire - be it Lead or Zinc

They are made and sold Direct or Boxed and Labeled for other Companys

Might not be UK Biggest Seller - but are one of UK Major Exporters

As Millions are Shipped overseas to Air Gunners

No Pellet works in All Guns or Any Gun Fires All Pellets -

Most current Designs are made to order for Overseas Market

If they work - Great if not carry on using your growing Expensive imported pellets ;)

BOB/R

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Patriotism? Clubshot demonstrates his UK made pellets in a Weihrauch gun and delivers them in a Japanese Toyota van.

Bullet design? Dont't make me laugh! They have a head, tail and waist just like any other pellet.

Major exporter? Try searching for these pellets on international eBay sites. other than Germany where they are sold for next to nothing as 'indoor plinkers' they are virtually absent from the major markets.

As with every new launch magazines give a glowing report in return for a hefty advertising fee, then you hear nothing about them ever again other than a certain person championing them at every oppertunity.

And yes, Clubshot has been banned from several forums for blatent advertising without admitting that he has financial interest in the products.

As Bruno said; Let's see how many FTT boys forsake their JSB derived pellets for the latest PAX gimmick. I haven't seen their name engraved on any target trophy so far. :no:

Hi all, thought I would throw in my two penny's worth, went down to see clubshot the other day and pick up some pellets, bought 4 boxes of defiants in 14gn 5.52. couldn't have met a nicer bloke and the pellets aren't badly priced, I bought 4 boxes! Anyways I couldn't pick up any JSB pellets but have tried accupels (not as well made as they used to be), superdomes, h&n ft's, diablo's but nothing so far groups like the defiants.

A small company trying to break even has to advertise heavily if they want to make a profit. So therefore give clubshot and pax a bit of a break

Will take a picture of the groups I can achieve with my John Bowkett S10 once I get some grease to put on the bolt. I can tell you that a gun with an initial cost 3 times the price will probably only be slightly better, and I'm no marksman, I don't spend all day on front of the chrono, an I don't weigh my pellets

Why so heavy? Accuracy! Especially in cross winds, The rubbish that JSB have produced though is beyond belief. I am not chucking £13 out for a tin of pellets only to find I have to throw a third away. No damage to the tin, but when the pellets inside are so deformed you cannot load them into the breech then you get well urinated away!

You do not always get what you pay for and with JSB sourced pellets (Air Arms etc), you do not get the quality that you expect at the price. Pax are well priced and work!

I don't know where you buy yours but I get jsbs for 9 quid and not 13 and I've never had an issue with damaged pellets. I imagine its more to do with the supplier than the manufacturer, and quite frankly I like a lead pellet that deform well and not a zinc pellet that over penetrates - but each to their own and as long as you can counxt on the accuracy to be spot on then it won't matter what you use.

By the way, heavier pellets aren't more accurate, what you gain in windage you loose in elevation as they drop way more than light pellets making range finding much more critical.

Edited by FalconFN

Hi all, thought I would throw in my two penny's worth, went down to see clubshot the other day and pick up some pellets, bought 4 boxes of defiants in 14gn 5.52. couldn't have met a nicer bloke and the pellets aren't badly priced, I bought 4 boxes! Anyways I couldn't pick up any JSB pellets but have tried accupels (not as well made as they used to be), superdomes, h&n ft's, diablo's but nothing so far groups like the defiants.

A small company trying to break even has to advertise heavily if they want to make a profit. So therefore give clubshot and pax a bit of a break

I'm sure that your pal will be well pleased with your independent review :rolleyes: Problem is, you admit that you haven't tried the pellets that virtually every international target shooter and many of us hunters use - JSB. I can't imagine why you couldn't pick up any JSB pellets as they are widely available in a variety of sizes, weights and brand names. BTW;- Diablo's or more properly Diabolos aren't a brand, they are a shape of pellet.

Major exporter? Try searching for these pellets on international eBay sites. other than Germany where they are sold for next to nothing as 'indoor plinkers' they are virtually absent from the major markets.

Why don't you pop into the factory, perhaps Hugh will show you his photographs - the ones with the Queen presenting him with the Export Awards.

PAX make some excellent quality pellets, which have been branded as Logun and Daystate in the past as well as sold under their own name.

As you are certainly aware, an 11 grn pellet will not be adopted by the HFT crowd, too heavy for that task, but could present a real alternative to the JSB Heavy (10.3grn) for those hunters who prefer a heavyweight.

Why don't you pop into the factory, perhaps Hugh will show you his photographs - the ones with the Queen presenting him with the Export Awards.

PAX make some excellent quality pellets, which have been branded as Logun and Daystate in the past as well as sold under their own name.

As you are certainly aware, an 11 grn pellet will not be adopted by the HFT crowd, too heavy for that task, but could present a real alternative to the JSB Heavy (10.3grn) for those hunters who prefer a heavyweight.

The Queen's Award for Export might be great for the company, but it is a bit like Celtic winning the SPL. No competition and no one really cares. And as far as I am aware, PAX make several pellets light enough to be useful to HFT competitors if only they went where they were aimed at.

I don't know where you buy yours but I get jsbs for 9 quid and not 13 and I've never had an issue with damaged pellets. I imagine its more to do with the supplier than the manufacturer, and quite frankly I like a lead pellet that deform well and not a zinc pellet that over penetrates - but each to their own and as long as you can counxt on the accuracy to be spot on then it won't matter what you use.

By the way, heavier pellets aren't more accurate, what you gain in windage you loose in elevation as they drop way more than light pellets making range finding much more critical.

It is not the supplier. I tried 3 tins from one supplier, no damage on the tins, but an average of 10-15% were damaged. I swapped to another gunshop, once again no damage, but 20-30% were unusable. I tried 2 tins from a different gun shop. No damage to the tins again, but there was one tin where over 155 pellets were squashed. That is appalling quality! So I made a solemn pledge, never to buy a JSB pellet again.

I had different batch numbers, I swapped from AA to JSB (knowing they were the same), the same problem all the way through. Crosman are a lead pellet and they do not deform to that extent in an undamaged tin!

Morning Clive -

Thought it was Quite -

See you moved to France -

So what Pellets does France make ?

BOB/R

I have no idea. The target boys at the local rifle range predominantly use JSB pellets, with a few using H&N FTT in their Weihrauchs. I use JSB Exact RS in my Prosport and have brought plenty with me. I find that JSB pellets are extremely accurate and seem to sell in their billions without having some barrow boy abusing forum protocol in pedalling them at every opportunity. ;)

I do miss going into an English gunshop though and clearing the dust off the Defiant boxes. I see that you have cleard the tumbleweed from your Defiant forum. Must get pretty lonely in there? :lol:

I'm sure that your pal will be well pleased with your independent review :rolleyes: Problem is, you admit that you haven't tried the pellets that virtually every international target shooter and many of us hunters use - JSB. I can't imagine why you couldn't pick up any JSB pellets as they are widely available in a variety of sizes, weights and brand names. BTW;- Diablo's or more properly Diabolos aren't a brand, they are a shape of pellet.

Thank you for you correction of my spelling and how silly of me to use a apostrophe, your attack on one minor mistake must leave you grinning with glee in the bask of your own intelligence... I have a tin at home saying diabolos, can't remember what make may be AA, but who cares they are a pellet that was recommended to me, but don't group too well through my gun.

I invite you to take a defiant pellet and any JSB pellet of your choice and see what groups you can get through my gun. JB tested the JSB pellets through my gun when he blueprinted it, and they didn't shoot as well as the defiants. Will most certainly be uploading a few pictures of what I can get them to group at. Also Most people that shoot HFT use upgraded barrels (Lothar Walther etc) which are known to accept a variety of pellets due to their generally superior manufacture.