Wedding ring adjustments

ferguson_tom

Hi Everyone

I am back from my honeymoon after getting married last weekend :D

I am not sure whether its the symbolism of a shackle :P but my wedding ring is really annoying me and I am just not getting used to it. I have a ring on my other hand which i got used to very quickly. I am hoping someone on here will be able to help with modifying it.

My wedding ring is titanium and is the same thickness along its width, my other ring is D shaped which i find comfortable. Is it possible to basically machine my wedding ring into the same sort of D shape where it is same thickness in the middle but thinner at the edges?

Thanks, Tom

I'm sure it could be done mate, I got married in September last year and I couldn't get used to it to start with but don't realise it's there now. Are you sure it's the wrong shape and not because you have the wrong women :lol: :lol: joking aside It's possible to have it machined, take it to a Jeweller and ask them :good:

I was put off titanium as I was told too that is was almost a brittle metal and pretty difficult to resize if need be in the future. I couldn't justify platinum so my wedding ring is palladium, same stuff as Iron Man's heart reactor is made from!!! :good: :good: :good:

Joe

i no longer wear my wedding ring....I know exactly where it is...in the margins of a local lake. It came off whilst i was wiping ground bait off my hands and plopped into the water as i shook the cloth out.. :yp:

The ife refused to buy me A new one incase i did it again :lol:

The odd thing is, every now and then i get A sensation around my ring finger that feels like i'm still wearing it.

I beleive it is a projection of your unease at being shackled into marriage. We are brought up on stories where the two partners face extreme adversity to be together then get hitched and live happily ever after. I bought into that and no one told me or offered the piece of advice that a life long partnership is bloody hard work that requires daily commitment to make it work.

Good luck with your ring - once the missus drops her first sprog it wil be another type of ring that needs adjusting due to a sudden bad fitting. :lol:

Ps, I celebrate 10 yrs of marraige in a couple of weeks and I wouldn't swap her for anything.

So thats a no then for getting it adjusted, i will leave it another week or so and see if i can get more used to it, if not im gonna have to go get something different.

I looked at a palladium one and was going to get one, that was until the missus picked a ring out she loved and that basically wiped out our budget so meant i had to get a cheaper one, Not a problem though as the titanium is better for me as more durable and will take a lot to bend it if i get it caught in any of the toys.

I cant help but notice some very sour people on here when it comes to marriage :lol: