hunting with clay loads?

what are your thoughts on using the cheapest of the cheapest clay carts for close range ratting. yes i could use the 410 but what would be wrong in using very cheap clay carts for rats that are 10 yards away? surely the pattens and power would be sufficient to swich their lights off? what is the cheapest you can pick say 50 clay carts for? thoughts very much welcomed!

what are your thoughts on using the cheapest of the cheapest clay carts for close range ratting. yes i could use the 410 but what would be wrong in using very cheap clay carts for rats that are 10 yards away? surely the pattens and power would be sufficient to swich their lights off? what is the cheapest you can pick say 50 clay carts for? thoughts very much welcomed!

At ten yards i wouldn't worry what choke you have :no: good luck finding the rat afterwords though :lol:

Buying 50 at a time is not going to get you any discount so you will be looking at about 4.80 a box round here ;)

At that range any clay load and choke will be fine. I've shot squirrels, which can be very tough, with great success using 28g 7 1/2 carts. Typically I'd expect to pay between £3.80 and £4 per 25.

Cheaper than .410 ammo, and with the larger pattern easier to hit them.