eyes

Book a lesson with a Coach, Qualified of course, BASC or CPSA and they will check out your eye dominance and guide you on what is best.

You will get lots of good advice as always from the PW members :good::yes: , but face to face will always be best.

"Tin Hat on for incoming" :oops: and I don't mean clays :lol:

quite a few folk dim or close an eye.the ideal would be both open better perception/range and line judgement.Are you happy you know your eye dominance(sounds like it)...can always start with both eyes open and go to 1 at point of firing.So long as you are not aiming like a rifle then no problem/yes fairly normal.

Both open unless the eye that your not using is the dominant one. Do the finger test if your not sure which is your dominant eye. by pointing at a clock with both eyes open then close your left eye your finger should still be pointing in the middle of the clock opening left eye close right eye your and see were your finger is pointing which ever one doesn't move your finger is the dominant eye. but if you feel comfortable with one eye shut then carry on mate.

So many differing opinions, you will suss out what works for you. I am very right handed but left eye dominant. I have, over the last year of me shooting, learnt to shoot with more of my right eye. I started off conciously closing my left eye, but now I have got to the stage of seeing the target with both eyes open, squinting the left to focus on it with my right and firing - without concious effort :good: I dont think there is a right or wrong way TBH, if your happy and hitting the targets, good!

I've got some problems with eye dominance,when I point at a object with my right hand finger,with both eyes open I see two fingers.

If I close or squint with my left eye my finger is back to one and is spot on the object.

I took help off a good coach and what he did was to put a small piece of tape on my left lens of my shooting glasses.

This did help a lot but I still squint when I'm about to pull the trigger on the target.

I'm trying my best to keep both eyes open but its not easy.

crosswaters, do you have double vision even when you are not pointing your finger? If not, you may have a' physiologic diplopia" which is a normal thing! Confirm with an optometrist!

This would occur by focusing & converging-(turning the eye muscles in to help focus a distance (your bead) causing the information behind it to appear double). Suggests you might be looking to hard at your bead maybe?.

Execise your eye to pick the right barrel and you will be fine!

Don't give up the binocular vision!

Edited by Orangeclay

crosswaters, do you have double vision even when you are not pointing your finger? If not, you may have a' physiologic diplopia" which is a normal thing! Confirm with an optometrist!

This would occur by focusing & converging-(turning the eye muscles in to help focus a distance (your bead) causing the information behind it to appear double). Suggests you might be looking to hard at your bead maybe?.

Execise your eye to pick the right barrel and you will be fine!

Don't give up the binocular vision!

No,double vision I've only been clay shooting for a bout a year and before this I wouldn't have known that I had a problem at all.

If I pick up my shotgun and mount it to a target I see two barrels,I know I shouldn't be looking at the barrels but my eyes do glance at them at times.

As soon as a close my left eye barrel becomes one,so this small piece of tape on my left lens does the same job as closing my left eye but when shooting with the glasses I should be able to shoot with both eyes open and give myself better all round vision.

This sounds confusion....I'm even confused myself. eh !

you are fine! anybody with healty eyes see two barrels! The situation is normal and is called Physiologic diplopia

train your eye to pick the right barrel and in long run you will be able to keep both eyes open!

The binocular vision is helping you to judge right the target range, speed and angle!

No,double vision I've only been clay shooting for a bout a year and before this I wouldn't have known that I had a problem at all.

If I pick up my shotgun and mount it to a target I see two barrels,I know I shouldn't be looking at the barrels but my eyes do glance at them at times.

As soon as a close my left eye barrel becomes one,so this small piece of tape on my left lens does the same job as closing my left eye but when shooting with the glasses I should be able to shoot with both eyes open and give myself better all round vision.

This sounds confusion....I'm even confused myself. eh !

are you sure you have not got a side by side :lol: