Had to get out there

proTOM1

Its not wise to comment about things, when you are not aware of all the facts.

Pigeon Watch Administration does not ban people lightly and would not normally do so for posting photos "that were dated wrong".

Well they say there are always two sides to a story.

So you can only comment on the bit of the story you are told.

what niggles me is he has been doing this since march this year,then recently he got found out, came clean only because he was found out, then puts a post saying well up to you what you think i,m gonna keep posting, he might as well stick 2 fingers up at everyone.

Hi Tom

i have been reading this post with interest and dismay.

Fair play you made a silly mistake, and that can't be changed. Just revel in the fact that you know you have shot big bags and helped many others on the way.

Well, all you fellow members who have decided to jump on tom's head for what he did. SHAME ON YOU ALL.

Tom,

I would not let this worry you mate. I am sick of all the ARMCHAIR shooters sitting there with their MAGNIFYING GLASSES and KNITTING NEEDLES ; waiting to nit pick fault on other members who are OUT DOING THE BUSINESS.

As you know mate I was on here everyday for years and only come on now very rarely. It was due to this reason(amongst others) I disappeared from here for a long time.

I have been posting on this site what I class as INVALUABLE INFORMATION and YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO THE NEWBY SHOOTERS and MID - EXPERIENCED ONES TOO.

We all learn something new on our travels and us topgunners still do and take note of new snippets to assist in doing our CROP PROTECTION for the farmers.

DON'T ever feel pressurised to put up pictures just to satisfy the morons, idiots or disbelievers. It isn't worth the abuse pal.

I apologise to all the sincere shooters on here and also to CRANFIELD and the rest of the administrators for my rant but will not detract any of it.

AND just for the rest of you; tomorrow we are going out and will shoot 678 pigeons and nearly 200 blackies.

AND YOU AIN'T GETTING NO PICTURES. OK

call me a liar if you like; I don't care, because I will know what we shot.

Carry on Tom.

regards

DAVE K

Hi Tom

Fair play you made a silly mistake, and that can't be changed. Just revel in the fact that you know you have shot big bags and helped many others on the way.

Well, all you fellow members who have decided to jump on tom's head for what he did. SHAME ON YOU ALL.

Tom,

I would not let this worry you mate. I am sick of all the ARMCHAIR shooters sitting there with their MAGNIFYING GLASSES and KNITTING NEEDLES ; waiting to nit pick fault on other members who are OUT DOING THE BUSINESS.

As you know mate I was on here everyday for years and only come on now very rarely. It was due to this reason(amongst others) I disappeared from here for a long time.

I have been posting on this site what I class as INVALUABLE INFORMATION and YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO THE NEWBY SHOOTERS and MID - EXPERIENCED ONES TOO.

We all learn something new on our travels and us topgunners still do and take note of new snippets to assist in doing our CROP PROTECTION for the farmers.

DON'T ever feel pressurised to put up pictures just to satisfy the morons, idiots or disbelievers. It isn't worth the abuse pal.

I apologise to all the sincere shooters on here and also to CRANFIELD and the rest of the administrators for my rant but will not detract any of it.

AND just for the rest of you; tomorrow we are going out and will shoot 678 pigeons and nearly 200 blackies.

Carry on Tom.

regards

DAVE K

Your my hero

Hi Tom

Tom,

Carry on Tom.

regards

DAVE K

but you mite miss 1 and only have 677 :lol::lol:

I can't say I'm impressed by the way tom has acted here, we all like to achieve large bags when we can but surely going out and shooting 4 pigeons is good enough to make some less experienced shooters very happy and falsely claiming large bags not only annoys fellow shooters but also rubs salt in to the wounds of those who's bags are somewhat smaller due to poor fieldcraft or less experience. When i am fortunate enough to obtain permission to shoot i really like to inform the landowner how i have got on and how many birds i have managed to shoot, i never lie or deceive the farmer if i have shot 1 bird i say i have shot 1 bird and if i shoot 150 i tell him i shot 150, the question is how many birds does tom say he shoots to the land owner because if he makes up the numbers it is a surefire way to lose permission fast when people get to know about dishonest shooters making numbers up. A dishonest shooter has no place on any land as far as I'm concerned and many of my farmers would agree with me as they think all their machinery will go missing next. It was a silly mistake you made here Tom i just hope you keep all the permissions that you claim to shoot over and everything sorts itself out one way or another. Maybe don't post pictures on here for a while and give some of the less experienced shooters a few more pointers regarding pigeon shooting in general/tips/wind direction/feeding times/crops to shoot over at certain times of the year. This will stand you in good stead for introducing new pictures of bags achieved at a later date I'm sure.

Good luck Tom whatever decision you make

said nothing wrong there fella he is a lucky guy, with a lot of land to shoot over, i know personally i have met him twice, may come as a surprise to a few members but both days were mediocre in my opinion, just my opinion i will add, i got 28 first time and 20 the second time, but what sticks in my mind is this a week leading up to me traveling and shootng in lincoln, he posted good bags and what crop he shot over, i shot over the same maize strips he did, he even told me i shot 60 on here last week, now for a paying client thats like saying i have had a good day on here see how you get on, how many guides does anybody know shoots fields, cover crops etc themselves a week before a client is booked in to shoot???

DAVE K[/b]

I know exactly where you are coming from,site is nothing like it was when i joined,nearly all of the old posters with sensible contributions and a story to tell have also stopped contributing.

This site is so far removed from a shooting site these days,that i often only open up the closed threads as they are the most interesting :rolleyes:

I don't wish to come onto a shooting forum to discuss what is happening in the news.

Mind you,even here a misdemeanour was never forgotten...good luck Tom,you will need it ;)

Nick.

Thats the way I see it, and your reply in my opinion has hit the nail on the head, as an old timer, it dont matter whether you shoot 4 or 50 or 100, there is no doubt in my opinion that tom has hit bigger bags on pigeons, than the vast ammount of members on this forum, and would be up there with the best on here, and as you and I know on here who they are, I am not going to name them.

But all I can say, his credit towards pigeon shooting has took a nose dive, sorry tom, even I used to look at your results every time, your results were awsome mate, but to me the new young lads what are green, go out shoot 6 pigeons, go home chuffed, then look at your posts, that says it all, but to start doing it from march, up to present, then what can I say.

sorry mate your have lost my cred in you.

Again people can think and see my posts for what they like its up to them ,i made a mistake in what i did and hold my hands up .Im not sticking 2 fingers up at anyone here .ive said i did a wrong thing but im still going to post to give advice . ive been shooting along time and like to help out as and when i can ,i also pickup stuff from this site to use when out in the field . yes im sure ive lost my cred with alot on here thats my fault but its not going to stop me getting on with the sport i enjoy .I know what i shoot and my farmers know what i shoot and are more than happy with what i do ,i cant tell you what to belive and i would not tell you its up to yourselfs .

As for days when i took people out some where good some where ok some where not thats what pigeon shooting is but i tried what i could to give the best day i could give sorry for those who think i did not !

Hi Tom

Tom,

Carry on Tom.

regards

DAVE K

:thumbs: Thanks

Edited by proTOM1

I've been with Tom many a time and can vouch for his shooting ability.

I have read some of the doubters thoughts and will say he does indeed have a lot of land to cover.

As for the comment about recycling pics since march, well, I was with Tom on one of those big bag days, 100 plus and the pic was posted on here.

I know its genuine because I took it and posted it for him.

Finally I will add that after a long lay off, Tom got ma back into shooting and helped me no end with my fieldcraft which in turn means I am getting far more out of my own shooting now.

ill chuck my 2pence worth in for what its worth i dont evan no tom but i can bet you 1 thing there is alot more of this go s on who cares if its 5-10-or 300 shooting is what we all like or why are you on here .

Iv just started takein people out of here in my spare time cause iv got too much land for my self 20,000+ it helps with fuel costs as last month i did loads of quids in petrol alone as i had 6 weeks of work iv not makeing owt out of it and i evan tried to put a few off who where comeing along way 100 mile plus .

But like they all said its a good day out on new land meet lads of here and have good crack now too me thats a good deal all round evan my mates pay 15-20 quid towards fuel when we go out just like i do with them .I wood never put false reports up to make me look "i am the big man come shoot with me " its just not the done thing and i all so hate liers sorry tom but its the truth im sure you regret it now but its done so move on .

Shame really as you did have a lot of credabilitly on here what i think has gone down toilet now

just my thought .......swiss

Edited by swiss.tony

ill chuck my 2pence worth in for what its worth i dont evan no tom but i can bet you 1 thing there is alot more of this go s on who cares if its 5-10-or 300 shooting is what we all like or why are you on here .

Iv just started takein people out of here in my spare time cause iv got too much land for my self 20,000+ it helps with fuel costs as last month i did loads of quids in petrol alone as i had 6 weeks of work iv not makeing owt out of it and i evan tried to put a few off who where comeing along way 100 mile plus .

But like they all said its a good day out on new land meet lads of here and have good crack now too me thats a good deal all round evan my mates pay 15-20 quid towards fuel when we go out just like i do with them .I wood never put false reports up to make me look "i am the big man come shoot with me " its just not the done thing and i all so hate liers sorry tom but its the truth im sure you regret it now but its done so move on .

Shame really as you did have a lot of credabilitly on here what i think has gone down toilet now

just my thought .......swiss

I never did the pics to be the big i am but thats your thoughts i did it like i said to paint apic of my days which are true but i made a mistakedoing it the way i did . im not going to keep going on about it ive held my hands up and said i did wrong and like ive said its up to who ever to think what ever ! time to move on its done . :good:

I never did the pics to be the big i am but thats your thoughts i did it like i said to paint apic of my days which are true but i made a mistakedoing it the way i did . im not going to keep going on about it ive held my hands up and said i did wrong and like ive said its up to who ever to think what ever ! time to move on its done . :good:

And you dont need to prove anything to anyone keep up the good work(there is too many people too quick to judge ) :good: :good: :good: