holiday cancelled

colin lad

off on our holls tomorrow at 5am going down to dorset,

just got all the stuff down from the loft when the phone rings, it was the caravan park to tell us our holiday has been cancelled due to the site being very wet aaargh,

now i can understand what she was saying but what got me annoyed was not even a sorry,

just said unfortunately we have had to cancel your holiday with us tomorrow due to wet pitchs would you like your money back or to move it back to september,

but hay ho we have now booked a site in looe cornwall,

on a plus the fishing is good round the looe area

colin

Imagine how many folks she has had to ring up and cancel and how much money she has lost. I doubt caravanning in this country is doing a roaring trade this season.

Sorry your hols got messed up but I think I feel equally sorry for the folk that own all these flooded sites.

Imagine how many folks she has had to ring up and cancel and how much money she has lost. I doubt caravanning in this country is doing a roaring trade this season.

Sorry your hols got messed up but I think I feel equally sorry for the folk that own all these flooded sites.

yes mate i know what she was saying as i see on the news how bad it is down that way but it dont cost anything to say sorry but hay we still got a holiday to go on

colin

Edited by colin lad

why should they say sorry? was it there fault all that rain fell? dont think so.

guess you dont work in retail or with customers then, whether its their fult or not if you have just let one of your customers down the 1st thing you do is apologize thats how you get customers back,

if we let anyone down at work whether our fault or not a simple i am sorry sir/madam bla bla bla its called curtsy

but never mind we wont go there again

colin

I agree its a no win for both parties :hmm:

i work with customers,clients what ever you want to call them, and if the river is unfishable i don,t say sorry to them. not my fault that nature takes a turn for the worse. and yes they still come back.

i guess we can agree to disagree then :good:

i was just brought up to be polite guess not all folk are like the :lol: :lol:

thanks colin

guess you dont work in retail or with customers then, whether its their fult or not if you have just let one of your customers down the 1st thing you do is apologize thats how you get customers back,

if we let anyone down at work whether our fault or not a simple i am sorry sir/madam bla bla bla its called curtsy

but never mind we wont go there again

colin

Wow, your customers must be well impressed :lol::P;)

curtsey.gif

Wow, your customers must be well impressed :lol::P;)

curtsey.gif

ha ha :lol: :lol:

we are a very friendly bunch at our shop polite and well mannered lol our shop manageress wrote the book on it, it is a pleasure to watch her in full swing lol she has the knack of making even the grumpiest person leave with a smile,

colin

though we dont get many

Bad luck pal, every cloud has a silver lining and what not. Gotta love cornwall.

On the sorry side I woulda she should of started off with that. Something on the lines of "I'm very sorry but" wouldn't of hurt and maybe made ya think of returning one day. Oh well there loss.

Karpman

My friends have travelled from the North East to Poole in Dorset for a 2 weeks in their caravan on a site and I have seen the photos on Facebook and the site is partially flooded already and more rain forecast. They are now thinking of quitting and going home. I think you are lucky to have had a call to warn you about this before travelling as some would have just taken your money. They must be the sorry ones as its their living going down the pan.