horses on my land with no permission

dando44

2 horses have apeared on some farm land that I own i have informed RSPCA but they dont want to no and a couple of horse rescue places but non seem to want to get involved the field is well fenced and gated so they havn't just got lost they have been put there by some one all the local farms and stables do not no who owns the horses.

any body got a clue what i can do with them and am i now responable for the care of them as i don't have a clue regarding horses

:good:

2 horses have apeared on some farm land that I own i have informed RSPCA but they dont want to no and a couple of horse rescue places but non seem to want to get involved the field is well fenced and gated so they havn't just got lost they have been put there by some one all the local farms and stables do not no who owns the horses.

any body got a clue what i can do with them and am i now responable for the care of them as i don't have a clue regarding horses

Not a clue what to do with them, but sounds like are traveller friends needed some free grazing for there horses :hmm::good:

Take them and teather them to a safe place and get someone else to report it anonymously then padlock your gate, it's legal for gypsies to graze there horses where ever they want if they dont have to damage anything to put them there, I'm trying to get some moved from near me and the scum that owns them.

ok thanks for the reply's going to go up tomorrow and give them some water as there is not a supply up there im moor bothered about there wellfare and if anything happens to them on my land I might be liable :oops:

Are they freeze marked?

This has just happened on one of our permissions . The farmer took legal advise .

He then put up a sign at the gated entrance that these horses are grazing here illegally and I give 7 days notice that if they are not removed then they will be taken away and destroyed . They didn't come to collect so he got another local gypsy to come take them away

this is why i dont no where i stand as there is a busy road at the bottom of the fields and if somthing happens e.g a car hits one i may be in a lot of trouble :blush: plus would be a little irresponsible

If you know anyone with a horse box take them to the nearest RSPCA center at night and tie them to the gates and let them sort it, or take them to your nearest council maintained football pitch and tie them to the goal posts council will shift them when the Sunday football lads ring them complaining, just leave a bucket of water each.

Though naughty the best option is simply to let them out. But difficult now you've told a few people they are there. The issues you have are they will belong to ****** who won't like them going missing. Personally I'd leave them be if you can and stick a trail cam up to see if they are coming back to them.

As they are not yours you are not responsible for their keep or welfare. However, if you intentionally open the gate and let them out onto the highway you will be liable for any damages caused to or by the horses. You also leave yourself open to a welfare prosecution by the RSPCA.

If they are Gypsy horses they will, at some stage remove them. Your big problem is if they have been dumped by someone who no longer wants them.

The police should treat them as lost/stolen property. Get back onto the police and insist that the horses are treated as such and that they take responsibility and remove them forthwith. You may need to speak with someone of inspector rank or above. Do not be fobbed off.

ive been up this morning and there are no freeze marks on them, i have spoke to a local girl and she says they have been there for about 2 weeks and they had not seen anyone coming and going (i dont often go up to the fields) a card had been left by the local council asking the owners of the horses to contact them i will take some water up as couldn't see any and make a few calls tommorow and see if i can get them shifted both horses are male maybe this is a reson for them to have been dumped any way thanks for all the advice and help :good: