The Rape Stubble

Tubba

Hi all, me and Logan managed to get out this morning in search of a few birds on the stubble. We got set up with a handfull of shell decoys and two floaters. The birds came in steady but decoyed really well. After we shot a few we tried the magnet but after an hour Logan said it was scaring them off so he took it down. He collected all the shot birds and set them up in the pattern, he is really showing an interest in shooting which i think is great. We finished up with 25 birds shot 1 in the brook behind us so not a bad mornings shooting. It was a shame we had to leave as it could of been at least 50 but the mrs had work so we had to knock it on the head.

DSC02271.jpg

I hit the rape again last night after work for a couple of hours. I missed my little mate as he was not feeling very well so I was on my jack. I got set up for 5.40 and finished at 8 bagging a total of 17. I set up behind the combine which has only managed to cut a few strips in the one field due to the wet weather. I'm hoping to get back up there at the weekend to bag a few more I'll keep you posted atb tub.

He is as keen as mustard he love's the countryside. He comes ferreting, lamping with the lurchers, has his own air rifle which he shoots with me at the range. Decoying, and clay shooting. He is only 7 but I just know he will be a better shot than me it all just comes natural to him.

Well done,

A fine man I'm sure he will turn into. Even at such a young age too many Kids only wont to stay In the house In front of the TV or games machine,

Its Good to here of a Kid that likes to get out and about.

And its always good to here of the Dads on this site putting In the effort and takeing there kids out and showing them a way of life that Im sad to say is dieing out .

Well done to you :good:

And top marks to the Lad :good: