First visit to new permision

Cosd

They say when it rains it pours!

Having scratched around for places to shoot these last five years, in the last four months I have not only met a great shooting buddy but also gained thousands of acres of land to shoot on. Having got another four farms only a couple of weeks ago I couldnt beleive how it has all fallen into place over a period of months. Last week we got yet another 600-700 acres of land not only for pigeon shooting but also for duck! Roll on September.

First visit today and had a great day. Was an odd day because we saw loads of birds but we just couldn't get them to commit. We were sat right in between the roosting woods and the field they were hammering. So barring half a dozen that did decoy everything else was a fly by.

The birds were fast and furious, the sport was great and the targets challenging to say the least.

Some great shooting was had and finished the day on 71 with over half lost in the crop. A friend is going there tomorrow with a dog to pick up what he can.

Absolutely loving it at the moment, spent many days sitting in a hide for hours to finish up with a bird or two. The hard work has finally paid off.

Cos

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

One thing I didn't mention that apart from my own perseverance, opportunities and doors opening have all come through this forum and some very kind and genuine members! Those people know who they are but without this site we would never have met.

Cos