few decent bags on rape stubble

yickdaz

was out sat on a fresh cut rape stubble, birds really didn,t want know and they were very slow coming in so only made 25 we usually make a ton or double ton in this particular area on fresh cut rape but they are just not around this year for some reason.but we will have another look

post-21887-0-56455300-1344538706_thumb.jpg

bit better today shot a different area than saturday although we was late getting out after them birds were on the field in good numbers and good flightline coming in from different directions, picked our spot and set up at around 2pm birds came steadily with a few long lulls some started to drop in other end of the field into some trees so i moved over and shot another 12 in an hour to boost the bag a little not big bags but shooting all the same

shot exactly 50 picked 43

post-21887-0-59668700-1344538612_thumb.jpg

Well done for sticking at it. With all the wet weather up north have the birds moved south for the better weather?? We have some cut rape with no birds at all and others covered. The 18 pigeon I shot yesterday when I was crow bashing all had rape in them and the farmer said there was no rape for five miles in that direction , so they are moving good distances to feed.

Well done for sticking at it. With all the wet weather up north have the birds moved south for the better weather?? We have some cut rape with no birds at all and others covered. The 18 pigeon I shot yesterday when I was crow bashing all had rape in them and the farmer said there was no rape for five miles in that direction , so they are moving good distances to feed.

yeah the weather has been rubbish round here all summer to say the least

i think they have moved further south and settled in your area :lol:

Still on the barley by me and ignoring the rape stubble , if this helps :good:

Ps , well done

they are on standing barley and barley stubble with rape stubble nearby around us as well

Edited by yickdaz

Decent bags there Daz.

We've been fortunate in Herts where we've had some very decent bags with good bird numbers in the area. Speaking to another shooting buddy in Essex, he's hardly shot a bird in months even though he has access to thousands of acres with every crop type you can imagine.

Birds move around, and what is a good permision today doesn't guarantee to be a good permision next year! That's what makes our sport what it is. If we tonned up every outing it would lose its appeal, or that's how I look at it.

Cos

plenty pigeons round burtonwood daz shot 500 in 3 weeks on standing barley. just waiting for the rape to be cut. off to mobley tomoz on barley stubble let you know how we get on

ahh a local we shoot some land around burtonwood not as much as we used to do, but there is a lot around the area always is

nice to hear some good reports from the area :good:

we shot over 600 2 years ago around there in summer :yes:

Edited by yickdaz