a lovely fox

camokid

hi all

i have been keeping a close eye on most of my farms waiting for them to start the cutting. over the last week the rape has been done and some of the wheat fields freeing up a lot of my land again

i went to a farm that i always do well on the foxes, they had cut a rape field that must be 40 acre alone and it always holds foxes. i got there in the light and sat waiting and calling then the phone rings its the misses as i sat there talking i fox pops out of the wheat 40 yards away looking right at me "you little hucker" i thought as i placed the phone down and made a reach for the gun he was off . but as light faded i could make out a shadow making its way across the field i turned digital caller on and watched her run what must have been 200 yards i stopped her at 50 with a shout and a 95g hornady

34r7w5k.jpg

im pretty sure it was the one that got away earlier.

next one was the same night but another farm not much of a wright up on this first flash of the field shown two sets of eyes once again caller switched on 10 second of that and then lamp on he was 80 yards off and close enough down he went

2enx89y.jpg

third was a cracker a real treat i visited a farm that has a real nice big grass field that half way through has a little valley . as soon as i walked into the field i could make out a patch of some sort right over the other side on the field a look in the scope shown a fox asleep in the sun and getting a bit of grief from a brave magpie. i gained a 100 yards before laying down and getting comfy i got out the caller again found my killer call and pressed play , as soon as it started his head was up 2 seconds later he was legging it to me this was at 6.30 in the evening , he ran at leased 300 yards i stopped him and took the shot it was 176 yards right to the chest with no exit a cracking bright coated fox one to remember

534kll.jpg

9srpdw.jpg

thanks

Edited by camokid

Its a small pocket size digital caller from ebay shipted from china it has a usb port and holds loads of calls its also very loud and has a 100 yard remote it realy is pulling them in with a rodent distress call

Well done Andy-great results!Lovely Fox that 3rd one mate!That new Tikka is certainly doing the biz for you!

its lovely mark iv been out this morning taking her out to 200 yards with good results

That cured his indigestion problems! :lol: :lol: :lol: They don't tend to get up and run on very often after being hit on the engine room with a .243 do they! :no: :no: :no:

Well done Andy mate! :good: :good: :good:

your right there pete one shot and there in bits it realy is a top foxing round you dont want any runners realy i no we all hunt but suffering anit what we are after