BINDWEED

THE AD

Insert a pole into the ground the thickness of the opening of a 2l coke bottle. Cut a coke bottle in half and push down stick so about 3ft off the ground. Train bindweed up stick and when above coke bottle paint top leaves with diluted glyphosate. The half coke bottle stops weed killer dribbling onto valued plants.

Roundup or equivelent Glosophate or something --- spray it - leave it - spray any green bits that are left - do not dig till it's all dead.

Dave

yes clinic ace is the cheaper stuff, if the site is not suitable for spraying use as a 50% mix with water a wear a couple pairs of latex gloves and paint brush, just dab the occasional leaf then leave for 3 weeks job jobbed, don't drip it onto anything you want to live!

Edited by Paul223

Devils guts its called colloquially...just a tiny bit left and it will grow.

If its on an allotment or veg patch use gyphosate. I zap the plant with the readymade stuff and then just leave it. you dont want to use amy weedkiller which will harm the soil and stop you planting.

More often than not though on the allotment I just hoe it off regularly.

Insert a pole into the ground the thickness of the opening of a 2l coke bottle. Cut a coke bottle in half and push down stick so about 3ft off the ground. Train bindweed up stick and when above coke bottle paint top leaves with diluted glyphosate. The half coke bottle stops weed killer dribbling onto valued plants.

He wants to kill a weed not go bloody May dancing...anyway Why not a Serbian or a Checz :lol: :lol:

Good advice , thats the way I do it but without the coke bottle , train it up a cane until there is a good bit of growth then spray with glyphosate (round up) the more growth the more weedkiller it absorbs.

Sodium chloride used to be fantastic on bindweed,but this was banned for domestic usage couple years back.However,im led to believe it can still be bought commercially so have a word with a friendly professional gardener.

I can get you any amount of sodium chloride...£20 a kilo...taking orders now...

Glyphosate (trade name 'Roundup') is fine but 'Verdone' is better. This is a selective broadleaved weed killer which is also systemic but it acts more quickly. Take care not to touch anything else with the liquid. I use a small container and a small brush to paint it on.