look what I found on the internet... Anti shooting info.

Jesse James

Always a good idea to check out the antis' propaganda. I check websites like animal aid fairly often. Would be a good idea for others to do the same.

I read through that a few years ago. Basically it's just a guide on how to interfere with shooting. There is one bit about a woman who feeds pheasants in her garden and locks them temporarily in a little pen on shoot days.

On these websites, a lot of emphasis is put on isolated incidents like pets getting caught in snares, and badly behaved shooters. The 99.9% of cases where the code of good shooting practice is stuck to never get mentioned. They try to delude people into thinking all shooters behave badly when only a small minority to. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, except for the odd lurking antis who are probably watching these forums.

Its a well produced document and is very useful to law abiding shooters if only we could get so well organised

I agree alot seems to be lifted from the leaflets published by the Shooting Organisations. Obviously its slanted the other way to what we expect to read but I havent seen anything really outrageous in (havent reaad the full thing!)

Looking at the website the "school speaker" bit is worrying!

Edited by HDAV

I actually contacted them about the inaccuracies about licensing, eg the pump actions beinf FAC only according to them. Even sent them the actual legislation yet all I got was abuse, what was close to an acknowledgement that it was incorrect but they didnt care back and a point blank refusal to change it. The abuse, by the way, came from one of the senior staff there. Says alot about both them and thier campaign.

Animal Aid are more a vegan/veggie organisation rather than an all out 'animal rights' org.

They use the animal rights thing as a way of trying to promote their lifestyle.

Whilst vegans and veggies comprise such a small percentage of the population their real message and aims will never be taken seriously.

It may be well produced & slick BUT it is biased & full of inaccuracies.Such a pile of doggy doo : opposing shooting but also trying to link shooting to illegal use of snares,using dogs against badgers etc.Dangerous propaganda with an agenda IMHO.

It may be well produced & slick BUT it is biased & full of inaccuracies.Such a pile of doggy doo : opposing shooting but also trying to link shooting to illegal use of snares,using dogs against badgers etc.Dangerous propaganda with an agenda IMHO.

The sad thing is, as people are losing touch with the countryside, more people believe Animal Aid's rubbish. If people don't know what really happens, the antis can say what they want and people believe it.

Of course it never gets mentioned that virtually all shoots stick very well to a code of practice which opposes the use of illegal snares or pole traps, etc. The antis take isolated incidents and make them out to be the norm which it certainly isn't.

Does BASC or any other shooting group do anything like this, but supporting shooting?

BASC produce loads of good stuff including a very good guide for journalists well worth a read :thumbs:

I know BASC do post information supporting shooting but do they campaign for shooting as fiercely as groups like Animal Aid?

If BASC do not do so already, it would be a good idea for them to run a campaign designed specifically to answer the propaganda from animal rights groups. They might do this already but I have not seen anything.