Julian Assange

digger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a small minded publicity seeker who's bottled it now he's been called out.

Let the Americans do what they want with him. There are some things it's best if the general population don't know about. A smug little keyboard warrior who's overstepped the mark with his arrogant self-righteousness deserves to be found out and dealt with.

He'd have a lot more credibility if he negotiated a return to Sweden to face trial and if found not guilty to be allowed to go free.

It may not be true but it looks like he's no answer to the Swedish charge and is trading on the 'free speech' ticket.

If you mean Julian Assange I think more of the latter. He has a very smug, punchable face and seems to think he is above the law. No doubt some of the leaks were justified but most are just mischief making. Find it quite amusing that as a champion of free speech he has tried very hard to use the legal systems to protect his own privacy.

Governments around the world do nasty, underhand and often illegal things. We shouldn't let them get away with it and assange has put his life on the line to out them. The charges are trumped up, it's widely reported that he has been charged with rape, in fact he hasn't been charged with anything at all, he was charged with rape but the prosecutor threw it out, they then brought up another charge of "sex by surprise" which apparently relates to him slipping it into one of the two women he was in bed with when she wasn't fully awake and he didn't have a condom on - in law this can be assault. Note the two women were perfectly happy to **** him before and raised no objections at the time. I suspect $$$ may be involved, the prosecuting lawyer is a very high-priced commercial lawyer and there are many inconsistencies in the case.

If the Yanks get hold of him they'll probably torture him until he gives them all his sources then execute him.

What isn't reported in the media is that the extradition order is infact the European Arrest Warrant.

http://en.wikipedia...._Arrest_Warrant

The EAW allows anybody in the EU to be arrested, and extradited to any other EU country with no evidence atall. There has been many cases where British Nationals has been accused of commiting a crime in another EU country (sometime a crime which is only a civil matter, or doesn't even exist in UK law), have been arrested, taken to the magistrates, magistrates ticks some boxes, and off he/she goes to another country's prison, no evidence has been presented to the defence at this point.

It isn't the fact the people are being extradited that bothers me, its the fact that the EAW renders the British courts powerless to block the warrant (not even Theresa May can stop it). The EAW assumes that The Old Bailey is exactly the same as some corrupt magistrate court in Romania, as that court can issue the EAW. No evidence is required for an EAW and it allows courts which work on roman law power over courts which work on common law, 2 incompatable systems of law. It also allows indefinite detention without any evidence.

So to kick off, Julian Assange has had an EAW issued, chances are there is no evidence against him as the EAW doesn't require evidence. The British courts and government are powerless to stop the extradition, I don't know the inns and outs of the Sweedish justice system, but if it's anything like half the EU countries system then I would definitly seek refuge in an embassy if an EAW was issued against me!

Edited by Richard V

I've no idea, and I'm quite happy about it.

There wasn't a huge explosion at the olympics. Don't know why, but I'm glad there wasn't. I do know a lot of people put a lot of time into making sure there wasn't an explosion. There must be a billion thing that happen all the time that allow us to carry on our little lives in relative peace and ignorance. Some of those things probably succeed because of some slightly shady things done in our name and for our good. So be it. Being informed about everything that's done to protect us would lead to us not being protected. Freedom of speech and thought comes with responsibilities. Lasagne has stepped over the line and doesn't like it when the time comes to answer for his short sighted, naive rantings.

Politics are a dirty business im of the opinion no politician can be trusted to lay straight in bed who decides what we can and can't be told its all BS. Id like to bet if he gets deported to Sweden he ends up in the good old USA and they dont trust anybody afterall to them the UK is only an unsinkable aircraft carrier

My gripe is that the president of Equador has given him asylum because he wants to "defend free speech"

Shame then he won't allow his own press and media the same privileges.

There is no free speech in Equador

:shaun:

There are plenty worse: Reporters Without Borders. The UK and US are hardly bastions of free press so struggle to hold a moral high ground in that argument. He has gone to a country which is unlikely to send him to the US or Sweden. That is all. Ecuador's location is hardly ideal for him either - just how safe would he be if he got there??

As has already been stated Julien has to this point NOT been charged with any offence! The EAW had to be complied with even though no charges are made against him! If you read the facts of the case as we know it, there are some very interesting points to note!

One of the girls had sex with him (consentual) spent a few days in his company tweeting how "cool" a guy he was and how she was having a great time etc! Then when she finds out that a day or so later he is also dipping his wick in another "brotherhood party member" (also consensual) she discusses with the other lass what went on, then they both go to the Police only "to ask if they can in law ask Assange to go for an STD test as he hadnt used condoms with either of them at some point" This leads the Police to raise the question of Rape which both girls agree did not happen! One of them has stated in the press that she was upset by the mention of rape as that was not her intention! The 1st girl he dipped, had up on her facebook page the "7 steps to take for revenge against your partner!" Which is where she probably got the idea from! When the story broke she tried to clean up her tweets and facebook only to be found out that the originals were recorded else where!

Bottom line is that he very likely to be cleared of any wrong doing in Sweden when he does return there to face the prosecutor, HOWEVER the issue is that the Swedes will no doubt bow to the yanks and allow immediate extradition to the USA where he is screwed!! (putting it mildly) The above can easily be gleaned by some research online as there are a lot of public documents available to you from both Sweden and UK.

If you really dont believe he is being set up have a watch at the Australian program shown the other night!! It makes for interesting viewing ;)

Here is the link to the program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu4WCskniEc

Governments around the world do nasty, underhand and often illegal things. We shouldn't let them get away with it and assange has put his life on the line to out them. The charges are trumped up, it's widely reported that he has been charged with rape, in fact he hasn't been charged with anything at all, he was charged with rape but the prosecutor threw it out, they then brought up another charge of "sex by surprise" which apparently relates to him slipping it into one of the two women he was in bed with when she wasn't fully awake and he didn't have a condom on - in law this can be assault. Note the two women were perfectly happy to **** him before and raised no objections at the time. I suspect $$$ may be involved, the prosecuting lawyer is a very high-priced commercial lawyer and there are many inconsistencies in the case.

If the Yanks get hold of him they'll probably torture him until he gives them all his sources then execute him.

Plus I do not like the way the Americans are pulling our strings almost forcing a storming of the Equadorian Embassy . This plus recent extradition issues really gets my back up . The Assange issue less so than us meekly sending UK citizens to Yank jails .

What do you think would happen if it was a yank and we wanted him ummm

Precisely . They are making monkeys of us . Pressure groups , dissidents and rebels over the centuries have lead in many ways to fairer societies . History will be the judge of Assange .