A decent day on pigeon

fenboy

Had a decent day on the field at the back of the house today , did not think there was much about but decided to give it a go now all the wheat has been cut , started at midday shooting from under my favourite sitty tree and had 4 in the bag in about the first ten mins, so things were looking better than I thought.

By 2pm I had about 16 then Fenny came down to join me .

The birds came in flurrys with lots at times and then quite spells ,sometimes they decoyed brilliant and others were very shy , anyway the score kept ticking over and we ended with a nice bag of 65 and two ferals .

The only down side of the day was my turbo flapper and battery getting shot :oops: of course I blamed Fenny , but truth is I have no idea which one of us it was.

But a good afternoon out with good company.

No pics this time as we were both in a rush to get away.

Edited by fenboy

iv got lots of fields of cut wheat, and no birds coming to decoys, shot 2 yesterday all day,

I know that feeling! I was on the train the other day gazing at the fields around Taunton wondering if anyone was out on them, most of the other passengers were on their ipods etc but I was on pigeon and pillbox watch!

I went out this morning ,set up in middle of a pea field as they didn't want the edges by 6a.m,and my M8 was in a field of stubble about 400 meters away,it wasn't really coming together for me and I ended up with 17 for 40 shots as they wouldn't decoy and were flighting high,my M8 was banging away all morning so I joined him for a cuppa and shot 2 while I was chatting,we packed it in at 10.45 as he had to go to work,he'd shot 77! gutted (and pleased)