Your biggest regret???

Frenchieboy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not something that keeps me up at night but I'd have liked to have done a small stint in the armed forces when I was younger.

me too i should of joined the navy when i left school i went through all the interviews and medicals an then bottled it when they tried to talk me into joining the royal marines!!

the other was about 20 years ago she was 5-11 and blonde and i drank too much an ruined the date she was way out of my league lol drinking way too much and trying to flick prawn crackers into your dates ample cleavage is not a pre-cursor to a successfull evening or a free breakfast ;)

Edited by beeredup

My biggest regret is not joining the police when i left school rather than taking whatever came up and being unhappy,

my current job is slowly getting to the stage where i am really wanting to make this a reality but when i enquired about it i found out i just missed the latest recruitment drive and i have no idea when they will do another one as they seem to be very rare in cambridgeshire now.

It is my dream job and i really want to make it happen i just hope they will advertise again in the very near future.

Have you looked at neighbouring forces to see if they're recruiting?

If they're not you could always try the Met and transfer back to Cambs at a later date.

the other was about 20 years ago she was 5-11 and blonde and i drank too much an ruined the date she was way out of my league lol drinking way too much and trying to flick prawn crackers into your dates ample cleavage is not a pre-cursor to a successfull evening or a free breakfast ;)

Oh Christ! That's just dragged up an old memory and regret! About the same time scale too.

My mum inherited a large house but, without the funds to run it she took to lodging workers for one of the local hotels, mostly foreign, primarily female, mostly young and single, I was very early twenties and back home...it was great! There is something very sexy about a pretty girl yelling "Ja, ja, ja!"... anyway, I digress!

One of the lodgers was a well brought up, English lass who was doing a stint in sunny Croydon as part of trainee management training. We gelled. Simple as that, there was instant chemistry and we just got on, really well.

The problem was her boyfriend, and being a well brought up young lady, her aversion to doing the dirty on him. She was keen on me, I was mad on her but realised that to push things would be a mistake, so I played the long game and kept my grubby mitts to myself.

A few months later and things had remained just shy of getting down and dirty, we went out one night and hit the town consuming copious amounts of 'two for the price of one' vodka and oranges. Had a great evening, came home and had another drink, while making it in the kitchen I was accosted by a horny young thing! Yes! At last!

We moved up stairs and were about as close to doing the deed as you can be when I suddenly realised all was not right 'downstairs', it seemed the little man didn't like vodka and was feeling reticent...the consequent delay resulted in the spell breaking, her morals returned and...she 'couldn't do this'!

Gutted! To this day.

I KNOW we would have been good together, I truly believe we may have been soul mates and that nights excesses proved costly beyond imagination.

She moved on, we slowly lost touch, as I said the spell had been broken and a bit of magic lost, last time I saw her she was on TV, spokeswoman for the City of London police force, I guess the hotel business didn't suit!

I'd love to get in touch again but just aren't brave enough, and wouldn't know where to start now, some things may be best left alone I tend to feel now.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Have you looked at neighbouring forces to see if they're recruiting?

If they're not you could always try the Met and transfer back to Cambs at a later date.

Sorry Poontang i only just see your reply to my post,

Yes mate i did look at the neighbouring force websites but no luck, the Met would be something to consider that i hadnt thought of :good:

I am really annoyed with myself as i had been watching the website for at least the past two years on a regular basis but typically didnt check over the short period they advertised.

Hopefully it will all work out in the near future as i am determined to make it happen for me as soon as i can.

Thanks for the helpful reply mate i appreciate that :good:

Edited by smokinggun

Wouldn't work with me. I'd say if you're going to shoot me anyway you can **** off and dig it yourself. :smartass:

I would dig my own grave on the proviso that I was given a full method and risk assesment statement briefing and there was adequate trench protection and a top man to supervise the excavation. By the time that was in place I think the would be assasin would have shot his self.

I have done a great many things in my life that I have regretted at a later stage but after reading so many posts on here about fathers taking their sons out shooting, fishing, camping, etc and thoroughtly enjoying each others company the biggest thing that I regret in life (And i am not going to get into why) is not having children, especially a son that I could have taken out and spent some quality time with passing on what "life and country skills" I have to!

What do you most regret either doing or not doing in your life guys?

p.s. Keep it clean please guys.

Well if it's any consolation you seem like you'd of made a bloody good dad frenchie, if my old man had been cut from the same cloth as you and not took the easy route out when I was a kid I might not have got involved with drugs in my teens which is my biggest regret.

Atb Gary

I normally take the attitude that i dont regret anything i did, as i made the choice at the time, but the only thing which bugs me is that i never joined the army.

As a kid totally mad for joining and there was nothing else i wanted to do....i remember in the cadets one night carrying out training on the local common when reality sunk in and the guy in charge said if this was real you guys would be left behind.......that was that