What FAC

rem700

Hi All

I seem to have made a bit of a cock up with my variation for FAC Air Rifle. I have been approved but I did not apply for a moderator. I have contacted my local firearms dept and they say that if I want a mod then that is a seperate entry as per my rim/centre fire. OK, my mess but I am looking for a work around until I get the mod on the ticket as well.

I suppose I can buy privately through my local RFD but get them to keep the mod until its on my ticket.

I am looking at the Theoben Rapid 7 MKii etc and also the BSA Super 10.

Now, is a shrouded barrel the same as fitting a mod? Sorry for my ignorance but I need to ask. If so, is a shroud deemed to be a mod? If not the Theoben MFR of BSA superten BB would do.

How quiet are the Theoben MFR and BSA BB?

Any one got an FAC .22 around 30ftp air rifle up for sale?

Any suggestions (polite please) would be appreciated

Thanks

I don't believe a shrouded barrel would prevent you from buying a gun on your present certificate but do know they are next to useless in sound reduction as I have one of the new side lever Air Arms in FAC.

A good silencer such as the HW will help but in real high power format they're all still pretty loud in my view, certainly nothing like a quiet 12 ft lber.

I don't know about the FAC business, but if you want info on the Theo MFR, might I suggest having a look at the vids of HuntersVermin on Youtube? His rabbit vids are shot mostly with a .22 MFR running at 30ft/lbs and there are a few vids where he takes one rabbit and is able to take another without the rabbits being spooked by the gun's report. He's also a nice guy to deal with, so could probably give you a bit more info on it!

I so nearly bought one the other day; came very close but bottled in the end!

An integral silencer:i.e bullbarrel or other permanently fitted,does not require a separate entry on your cert so is O.K. without having to apply for variation,although in my experience(Daystate & Falcon) separate silencers are more efficient at FAC levels.If you provide "good reason",such as quarry disturbance,health & safety etc, then a variation for a silencer is not a problem although it will cost you £26.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I ended up with a Stalker Tiger Ten. This is based on the BSA R10 I believe. Nice rifle but having problems finding the right pellet. I have tried the AA Diablo but they fly every where. Then a mate gave me some Accupells to try and they were spot on. Went to the local gun shop but they were out of accupells and said the Premiers were accupells rebranded. I tried them but I dont reckon they are the same. Anyone know different?

Hi All

I seem to have made a bit of a cock up with my variation for FAC Air Rifle. I have been approved but I did not apply for a moderator. I have contacted my local firearms dept and they say that if I want a mod then that is a seperate entry as per my rim/centre fire. OK, my mess but I am looking for a work around until I get the mod on the ticket as well.

I suppose I can buy privately through my local RFD but get them to keep the mod until its on my ticket.

I am looking at the Theoben Rapid 7 MKii etc and also the BSA Super 10.

Now, is a shrouded barrel the same as fitting a mod? Sorry for my ignorance but I need to ask. If so, is a shroud deemed to be a mod? If not the Theoben MFR of BSA superten BB would do.

How quiet are the Theoben MFR and BSA BB?

Any one got an FAC .22 around 30ftp air rifle up for sale?

Any suggestions (polite please) would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi mate, same prob here i put in fac for one .22lr rimmy + mod, & one fac air rifle (sure i asked for 1 mod for the a/rifle but fac came back without).Any how i was sold a BSA FAC S10, which shop said was ok as had factory fitted standard silencer. The gun is brilliant at 28lbs but the noise from the discharge is terrable.Need to put in variation for a decent mod for this.(hope it does'nt take over 6mths like the FAC did)I only paid £290 with out scope in mint condition from Swillingtons in Leeds, so you should pick 1 up private for £200.Dave

Well I ended up with a Stalker Tiger Ten. This is based on the BSA R10 I believe. Nice rifle but having problems finding the right pellet. I have tried the AA Diablo but they fly every where. Then a mate gave me some Accupells to try and they were spot on. Went to the local gun shop but they were out of accupells and said the Premiers were accupells rebranded. I tried them but I dont reckon they are the same. Anyone know different?

Unless I've missed it, you don't say what power it is. I have a Rapid 7 pushing out 34lbs and bisley magnums are 1 holers out to 50 yds. The ones you are using are probably a bit too light, I've found the same.

Hope this helps.

theoben, can t beat them, wonder how many of you guys can pull a daystate apart and get it up and running. absolutely love theobens and i ve had quite a few fac air rifles. daystate will be ok but you can t work on them yourself.i put my money where my mouth is. i since have added a 177 mfr fac

001-7.jpg

Looks like useful scopes Tweedledee, what are you using? What ret are they?

theoben, can t beat them, wonder how many of you guys can pull a daystate apart and get it up and running. absolutely love theobens and i ve had quite a few fac air rifles. daystate will be ok but you can t work on them yourself.i put my money where my mouth is. i since have added a 177 mfr fac

001-7.jpg

All FAC?

Are they different calibres/power, just wondering why 3, + another now apparently? :good:

Unless I've missed it, you don't say what power it is. I have a Rapid 7 pushing out 34lbs and bisley magnums are 1 holers out to 50 yds. The ones you are using are probably a bit too light, I've found the same.

Hope this helps.

The Bisley Magnum I find an excellent pellet but slightly heavy, I use the AA field up to about 30ft lb, but after that the Bisley comes into it's own for me. :good:

Edited by Dekers

All FAC?

Are they different calibres/power, just wondering why 3, + another now apparently? :good:

i`m just greedy lol, left hand one is a 22 regged fac at 30 ft lbs,the middle is now in a cs800 stock,regged fac 20 cal the one on the left is a fast flowed 22 at 30 ft lbs i sold in its place i bought a mfr in 177 fac again regged. one in each calibre. the one on the left is my main hunting gun tho

Ive always liked H+N Field Target Trophy-excellent pellets IMO!