Just finished Placks for Roe heads

Shotgunspud

Hi all,

Kept seeing the same old shields for head plaques mounts so had a chat with a mate who is a tree surgeon and asked him if he could come up with an idea of what we could do! I gave him the idea of what I was looking for I think they are grate.

These heads are for a Client / Friend !!! He done the boiling :mad:

post-10973-0-23309200-1348512384_thumb.jpg

Well I think they looks better then sat on his table.

Thanks SGS

Edited by Shotgunspud

They certainly look different from the usual stained and varnished shields, a welcomed change i would say especially hung in an older country type cottage!

Maybe look a little better if they were just a fraction smaller but all in all I quite like the idea.

Thanks Frenchieboy they are going in a keepers cottage so with old wooden oak beams and natural brick work! so fingers crossed dont look out of place.

they look different, are you going to cut them as I think that may be what is looking a little odd almost like they stand out off the oak a little too far.

Al4x think your right mate, but they are not my heads to cut down I was doing it as a surprise for him as every time i went in they where on the kitchen side doing nothing and thought they where to good to just sit around!! he has dropped both smashing the noise so had to glue most of it back together I think the the plaque's could be a bit smaller to make the heads stand out more.

I will keep working on them...

Edited by Shotgunspud

I like the idea but if I may, I think the proportions are wrong. The plaques in my view are too big for those heads, at the moment the plaque is more prominent than the heads, my view to switch that prominence around.

Also I would sand the face of the plaque to a very fine finish and use a high gloss varnish/laquer.

Cos

They are PLAQUES not placks :good:

Notice my spelling mistake in the header sorry for the mate.

I like the idea but if I may, I think the proportions are wrong. The plaques in my view are too big for those heads, at the moment the plaque is more prominent than the heads, my view to switch that prominence around.

Also I would sand the face of the plaque to a very fine finish and use a high gloss varnish/laquer.

Cos

I agree mate they need to be smaller working on it now..

Edited by Shotgunspud

Please don't shoot me...maybe I'm just weird, but I really like the old oak in contrast with the heads, that beautyfull aged wood works great and yes I agree on the size of the plaques, maybe they are on the large size...still I really likem

I think its just down to personal taste

Thank you but think everyone has said it right bit to big!!

Cos