Help Henry - found a stoat/weasel

Pike

Depending on how young it is, the best thing to do is to release it near where it was found.

If it is really young, you could try feeding it warm cows milk in an eye dropper (I did this successfully with a young ferret ).

If its not weaned the chances of its survival are slim.

I doubt the RSPCA would be interested, but they might be worth a try.

Was brought in by a well meaning member of the public this morning so I have no idea where to re-release. We are not near any shoots so I am very loathed to give it a tap as there really is not a big population to be causing a serious problem.

It is currently causing a hell of a noise in the office but I have managed to get it to take small pieces of fine mince

Pike

Pike,

If it's not doing any harm let it be.

I believe they will eat a fair few things if you can presuade them. Like Cranners said perhaps some milk from a dropper if it's very young. :whistling: Like ferrets they will try most foods once. :look:

I have just done a search for the topic henry d put up regarding the baby stoat he reared.

CLICK HERE!

He has got some nice pics of it up there and funnily enough there were no people suggesting tapping it there.

Hope this helps and keep us updated on what happens. :look:

FM :lol:

P.S Are you sure it's not weasely recognisable? :good:

Yep, he is doing well. I was considering rearing him on myself but to be honest I just couldn't give him enough time at the moment what with the new house and the Young Farmers club to deal with.

He is in very safe hands over at Thurrock Wildlife hospital who have promised to keep me informed.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice

Pike