.17 hornet rifles and ammo IN STOCK !!!!!!&#33

rimmie

All prices are for the standed black synthetic rifle

Eastern sporting -Essex:- Rifle-£640 ammo-£19

Leech and sons - Essex :- rifle- tbc ammo- tbc

Trulock and Harris- Suffolk :- rifle- £615 !!!! Ammo- tbc

All have been confirmed today as In stock !!!

Not so far mate, only the standard synthetic rifle. I also asked about reloading components and was told by Leechs that " iv already got .17 cal bullets, powders and small rifle primers (for .17 rem etc...) but I haven't got any .17 hornet brass atm)

I picked up 215 rounds of fired brass at one of their range days. Stuck £20 in the BDS charity box and the fella from Edgars was more than happy to collect them for me. They also sold me 50 loaded rounds to start off with.

I've got to say I was very impressed with the little Savage. I shot a 10mm 3 shot group with it at just under 100 yards, can't argue with that. It also has a very smart trigger safety where if you're not pressing in a little lever in the middle of the trigger blade the rifle doesn't fire even if the sear is bumped/slipped. It clicks but is then caught by the lever before it releases the hammer. All in all it's a very nice little gun for the money and I'd buy one right now if I wasn't having my custom built.

I picked up 215 rounds of fired brass at one of their range days. Stuck £20 in the BDS charity box and the fella from Edgars was more than happy to collect them for me. They also sold me 50 loaded rounds to start off with.

I've got to say I was very impressed with the little Savage. I shot a 10mm 3 shot group with it at just under 100 yards, can't argue with that. It also has a very smart trigger safety where if you're not pressing in a little lever in the middle of the trigger blade the rifle doesn't fire even if the sear is bumped/slipped. It clicks but is then caught by the lever before it releases the hammer. All in all it's a very nice little gun for the money and I'd buy one right now if I wasn't having my custom built.

Hi mate, if this isn't to cheeky how much was a re-barrel in .17 h ? I can get hold of a ruger 77/22 hornet very cheap, I reckon this would make a fantastic .17 H rifle. Pm if you prefer ta

Just an update, spoke to Edgar's today and they said boxes of new .17 H brass will be in the country in about 2 weeks.

Also leech and son gunsmiths in Chelmsford Essex has a .17 H sitting on the self unsold if anyone is waiting for one.

Edited by rimmie

Should make a neat little fox caliber. That trigger is called by Savage the accutrigger and is adjustable with a small tool provided with the gun. If in fact it is the same accutrigger that they furnish in the rest of the Savages it is adjustable down to a pretty sweet weight. The blade design makes the trigger pretty lawyer-proof----you know how suit happy we yanks are....LOL

Well il be reloading for the hornet, so it will keep the cost as low as poss. Iv got all the gear as I reload for my .223 il just need dies,brass (new or once fired) bullets and powder already got primers. I'm not sure of powder choice yet ? But what iv been reading Viht n120 is having very good results.

once you add it up it will be because you want one rather than to save money, round here the actual bullet cost is usually £20 per 100 and HMR rounds last ones I bought were £22 per 100, so you will be spending more and needing a new gun, scope, mod etc etc and if you have a .223 already I'd just use that for long range vermin.

Well il be reloading for the hornet, so it will keep the cost as low as poss. Iv got all the gear as I reload for my .223 il just need dies,brass (new or once fired) bullets and powder already got primers. I'm not sure of powder choice yet ? But what iv been reading Viht n120 is having very good results.

Mine works out to about 25p per round, but i bought bullets in the US and got a deal on primers. That said, i would rather pay the little extra and make every shot a kill shot (except one unexplained crow). Just think, if you have to take one extra shot with the HMR because of the cartridge, that is the difference made up on 5-10 rounds.

Thanks

Rick

thats assuming you get the cost down to 25p though, if you have to buy loaded ammo first then buy components here you will probably average out closer to 50p a pop, but its all down to what you want at the end of the day. If you struggle to kill rabbits with the HMR it will do the job and if you don't shoot many then its ideal. Its not a bunny gun though

I suspect .17 bullets will come down if demand rises. i pay £14 per hundred .22 hornet heads presently a 1lb tub of powder should do 500-700 rounds at a guess £30-£40, small rifle primers are like dirt cheap so its not going to be a dear gun to feed- IF the brass has a long enough life span, on that point i have my personal doubts but time will tell. moderation wise i doubt its much different to the .22 version which i find better than the HMR through the higher quality larger capacity c/f moderators no doubt

Mine works out to about 25p per round, but i bought bullets in the US and got a deal on primers. That said, i would rather pay the little extra and make every shot a kill shot (except one unexplained crow). Just think, if you have to take one extra shot with the HMR because of the cartridge, that is the difference made up on 5-10 rounds.

Thanks

Rick

That truly is a good point to make there is no savings if a shot is defective or underpowered!

For you reloaders the 20 vmax should work well, Hornady is running their 20 gr. zmax in a 500 ct. box at about .10 per which is cheap for a polymer tipped bullet. It is devastating at 3600 on small criiters. Varget in small doses works well in the smaller cases and seems to flow well through the small funnel/case neck as do most ball powders.

N120 (10gr ish), 20gr Vmax, BR4 or 205. Bullets are about 25p each for Vmax, I did buy 200 Berger 20grs from Norman Clarke a while ago of his bargin table for about £22.

A