Colorado and Washington celebrate canabis legalisation

gazzthompson

I'm afraid that this idiot will not rest until all the scum can get their drugs free on prescription and can stagger about the streets, hospitals and pharmacies without fear of being arrested. He's barely out of his nappies and knows all about drug legislation because he studied it a college :rolleyes:

The ONLY reason this type of thing is gaining ground is because some people smell a profit from it. Simple as!

Is that like you can get beer a cigarettes on perscription??? You need to think about this rather than just going 'drugs are bad m'kay'. I'd rather go out in a town centre of stoned people rather than drunks! How many people get stoned and want to fight or smash stuff up?? Ultimately if people wanted to release a new product now called 'beer' of 'cigarettes' the government would veto it in a flat second. People need to realise these are part of life (and have been for hundreds of years) you can choose to put the whole process in criminal hands or you can allow it to run as a legitimate business.

At least if it's legal the government can levy decent amount of tax on the legitimate distribution channels and put the money into health care and education. Surely that has to be a better approach than having the money going to criminals who pay no tax and having the money ultimately leave the country?

Is that like you can get beer a cigarettes on perscription??? You need to think about this rather than just going 'drugs are bad m'kay'. I'd rather go out in a town centre of stoned people rather than drunks! How many people get stoned and want to fight or smash stuff up?? Ultimately if people wanted to release a new product now called 'beer' of 'cigarettes' the government would veto it in a flat second. People need to realise these are part of life (and have been for hundreds of years) you can choose to put the whole process in criminal hands or you can allow it to run as a legitimate business.

At least if it's legal the government can levy decent amount of tax on the legitimate distribution channels and put the money into health care and education. Surely that has to be a better approach than having the money going to criminals who pay no tax and having the money ultimately leave the country?

Instead of money going to criminals? Rubbish! What they scum can't get legally on prescription they will get via criminals. Just like Tamazipan and Diazipan abuse now. It won't stop users wanting what they can't legally get.

All that will change financially is that some big businesses will also profit from the NHS by manufacturing and distributing prescription drugs. Just like your local pharmacist gets a hefty packet for allowing junkies to get their methadone on prescription and making going to the chemists a real problem for the old folk. I'll bet beardy Branson is rubbing his hands in anticipation at launching Virgin Drugs on every High Street and online. All this talk of money being ploughed back to the country by taxing drugs is nonsense. Profit and greed are the drivers in this.

Forget the soft touch. We've had that for years under the guise of being tough on users. Let's try what we have been lead to believe is happening and see whether that works before giving up.

Legalization is long overdue.

I've never understood what was so bad about marijuana. You smoke, pass out, and then wake up hungry enough to eat everything in your house. :lol:

so even the local shops will get more business!! :lol:

I don't think cannabis is particularly harmful, though I do know a couple of people who used to use it heavily who are now schizophrenic (whether the drug caused the schizophrenia or schizophrenics are more prone to heavy use of it as an early part of the disease, who knows?). The great thing about it being nominally illegal, in my view, is that it gives tenagers something they can get a buzz of illegality over smoking without it doing them any real harm. After all, that's at least half the reason people have their first few puffs of cannabis. Minor harmless lawbreaking. If you take cannabis off the illegal list then to get the same feeling of illicit naughtiness they need to try something potentially slightly more risky. If you never start down the path of drug use in the first place then it won't effect you, but I guarantee that every hard drug user first smoked cannabis.

Plus, You know, Like, freedom ?

Freedom or anarchy?

If legalisation of drugs just involved cannabis then all the arguments about criminals not profiting from drugs is shot to pieces. They make more money out of heroin and cocaine than weed. Kids on the streets sniff ketamine. That won't stop just because cannabis is legalised. There are addicts who get diazipan and timazipan on the black market - from criminals. That won't stop either.

The whole argument for leglisation is flawed.

The whole argument for leglisation is flawed.

But not as flawed as criminalising the vast majority of recreational drug users that work hard all week, pay their taxes and use their choice of drug rather than being limited to alcohol - which as we all know is an addictive, poisonous and very antisocial drug.

Drugs can be harmful to society and to the individual because they are unregulated and controlled by criminals not because drugs are 'bad'. Next time I go the the dentist I'm not refusing an injection because it's a drug, but I would refuse a back-street dentist with a dirty needle ('The Day Today' reference for you there).

Whether this works or not, only time will tell, but I applaud any forward thinking, unbiased and undogmatic thinking on the matter.