Sgt Mark Andrews gets his job back.

Dirty Harry

You are a sick person and not only should be sacked from your job (unless you have been told and trained to beat people up) and also be investigated with a view to prosecute.

And then the police wonder why they are hated.

Is this the correct forum to have any policemen on I wonder?

They all seems very aggressive, outspoken and full of themselves (surprise surprise).

As I say you are a sick person

Oh grow up

take it you have never dealt with a drunk or drugged up person then who would do anything to get away. Have you ever been threaten at all? Or had to deal with that type of incident at all? I would think the answer is no. My view is the only thing that was wrong is when he put her in the cell MAYBE a bit hard and she was not able to stop herself falling. Maybe due to the drink then. As for the female copper that dropped him in it. Well wont go into that

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a bit strong. Put your self in his position. I'm surprised the fuzz are as reserved as they are. I love it when they open up a can of whup-*** on deserving scum bags. It gives me a sense of enormous well being.

Sorry you feel that is a bit strong, and yes I have been in a similar position and I didn't push a women onto the ground.

Totally agree with you about the scum bags, but the police are treating everyone the same these days. I would put my life on it there a hundreds and hundreds of law abiding forum members on here who have been miss treated by them

Oh grow up

take it you have never dealt with a drunk or drugged up person then who would do anything to get away. Have you ever been threaten at all? Or had to deal with that type of incident at all? I would think the answer is no. My view is the only thing that was wrong is when he put her in the cell MAYBE a bit hard and she was not able to stop herself falling. Maybe due to the drink then. As for the female copper that dropped him in it. Well wont go into that

Yes Yes and Yes

I really don't know how you can defend that, the correct course of action for the Sgt to have taken would have been to use the other PC's in the custody unit to take the woman down to the cell in a controlled manner. As a custody Sgt he would be well versed in what to do with prisoners providing passive / mild resistance. He has probably had enough of her behaviour and taken it upon himself to take her to the cells .However the video is edited it shows him dragging her across the floor and pushing her into the cell where she falls on her face. I'm sure he didn't intend to do it but actions have concequences and she has ended up with an injury.

My own personal opinion is the judge has got it wrong and it does no favours for UK policing.

If you watch the link posted earlier they say he was acquitted as the judge said she fell and was not thrown to the floor and this was not helped by her intoxication.

Oops Missed Again.....I assume if a drunk woman was biting your arm or stabbing you with a dirty HIV contaminated needle you would just watch and not do anything to her because she was female.

Police officers don't go to work to get assaulted. It's an occupational hazard that we accept but I will do whatever is needed so I get to go home at night and uninjured. Men or women, young or old it does not matter. If your trying to hurt me I will do what's needed, lawful and reasonable.

That's not macho police BS that's common sense.

Harry

I have now watched the video.

Totally unjustifiable mistreatment of the woman, no matter what her behaviour was.

I am sure if he had served a proper jail sentence many fellow inmates would have sympathiased with him and given him an equally easy rest on his cell floor.

Thug, bully and a disgrace to the Police, as are any stupid enough to attempt to defend his behaviour.

I think that it all comes down to what barrister you have some of them are so good they can convince almost anyone and that include judges that black is white and that is why the people with money can usually get away with almost anything.

Also why they get paid so much they will find the tinniest flow in a case and convince everyone that the guy is not guilty these people just do not care they could get the most evil person off they would go home wringing there hands thinking about all of the money they have been paid to do it the fact that the guy could go out and kill again only means that he could get paid again to defend him.

Sorry you feel that is a bit strong, and yes I have been in a similar position and I didn't push a women onto the ground.

Totally agree with you about the scum bags, but the police are treating everyone the same these days. I would put my life on it there a hundreds and hundreds of law abiding forum members on here who have been miss treated by them

Yes Yes and Yes

ok then care to tell more?

Since 1990, 1,433 people have died in custody or following contact with police in England and Wales; there have been no successful criminal prosecutions.

so a black eye and a few drops of claret have no chance.

You've made the assumption that crimes has been committed to cause the deaths.

Each death has an inquest and is independently investigated. Perhaps there was no crimes committed?

If the risk was so high from this woman then why did he open himself up to further risk by attempting to manhandle a woman to the cells by himself when there were other officers about . It increases the risk of injury to himself, to her and he has no back up / witnesses if things really do go pear shaped.

You learn to manage risk in the police and he made a bad judgement, i'm sure he didn't intend to injure her but thats what happened.

Edited by Livefast123

If the risk was so high from this woman then why did he open himself up to further risk by attempting to manhandle a woman to the cells by himself when there were other officers about . It increases the risk of injury to himself, to her and he has no back up / witnesses if things really do go pear shaped.

You learn to manage risk in the police and he made a bad judgement, i'm sure he didn't intend to injure her but thats what happened.

My most humble apoligies to you if you are/were a policeman. I have insinuated they are all the same. You are not the same and come over as a very decent person.

Edited by Oops Missed Again

Since 1990, 1,433 people have died in custody or following contact with police in England and Wales; there have been no successful criminal prosecutions.

so a black eye and a few drops of claret have no chance.

maybe not , but would you believe over 900 SERVING officers have convictions!which include burglary, drug supplying, causing death by careless driving, robbery and domestic violence.

sends a good message out does it not, that and the fact the met let 130 officers resign before facing disciplinary charges shows all is not well with those who should protect and serve.

KW

If you watch the link posted earlier they say he was acquitted as the judge said she fell and was not thrown to the floor and this was not helped by her intoxication.

Harry, you must be blind if you cannot see that officers hand behind the women's back pushing her to the floor.?

Also, the Youtube Link that Kdubya has in his post clearly shows him slapping her, & as a result she goes down onto the floor, resulting in him dragging her to the cell.

Last, but not least, where is the proof she was drunk.

maybe not , but would you believe over 900 SERVING officers have convictions!which include burglary, drug supplying, causing death by careless driving, robbery and domestic violence.

sends a good message out does it not, that and the fact the met let 130 officers resign before facing disciplinary charges shows all is not well with those who should protect and serve.

KW

So that 900 represents give or take 0.67% of currently serving Police Officers.

Doesn't sound quite so alarmist now does it?

As Cranfield has said he was acquitted so he was not guilty of the offence.

To everyone who says how could he do that to a woman I say EASY.

I've had a drunk woman bite me in custody. I've been punched, kicked and spat on by women.

A friend of mine was stabbed by a female drug addict with a dirty needle in custody. She said to him she was HIV+ and he would die.

I've dragged people to the cells and pushed them in before. It's unfortunate she landed on her face and got injured. I'm sure that was not the officers intentions.

I treat everyone the same and know that they can turn on you at any time.

I know that many of you will disagree with this but most of you have never been in these situations.

Harry

I have read this post to my wife and she finds the attitude of this person unbelievable. My wife is a mental health nurse who has also been punched, kicked, slapped, verbally abused, spat at and on one occassion practically strangled (fortunately saved by her colleagues). She too has dealt with people who are drunk or high on drugs. It would NEVER under any circumstances be an appropriate, acceptable or defensable action to respond in such a way. She would (rightly) be disciplined, dismissed from her job and not able to work as a nurse again or 'struck off'. The clue is in the nature of the job - police, nurse, fire, paramedic etc - they are there to help people. God help us all if those working in these roles think this is acceptable behaviour. Of course as with all jobs there are excellent role models.....and unfortunately bad apples in every barrel.

Edited by ordnance

So that 900 represents give or take 0.67% of currently serving Police Officers.

Doesn't sound quite so alarmist now does it?

I think you miss the point being a copper means your standards should be beyond reproach? if your happy with ONE who is bent then you accept one more than me.

KW

put across well and honestly, but the point is his actions did injure her so how he got off with it I will never know, or perhaps I do :shifty:

here is another case of not managing the risk well!! this one slipped through the net somewhat still it was an easy mistake :drool:

KW

http://www.guardian....blind-man-stick

Edited by kdubya