Sgt Mark Andrews gets his job back.

Dirty Harry

I think you miss the point being a copper means your standards should be beyond reproach? if your happy with ONE who is bent then you accept one more than me.

KW

You miss the point again...

Very few of those will have gained their record once serving, that is usually a free ticket to the door marked exit as happened to the few I booked in to custody over the years.

However, many may have acquired one prior to joining, meaning the full facts will have been examined prior to taking office.

I joined with an officer with a criminal record.

She was fined £50 at the age of 17 for drinking under age!

That is a criminal record.

Bent cops however, we agree on 100%

I've booked those in too in my time and was quite happy to authorise charges against them.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not throw her she fell. The judge said so when he quashed his conviction.

Harry

It boils down to balancing how you deal with people, whether you pepper spray a hand cuffed guy in the face or drag a little women along the floor and launch her in the cells requires you to make a decision and act on it!

Arresting a pensioner because they are whacking an Islamic protester who is spitting on our soldiers and burning the Union Jack with their brolly might require some type of force!!

TEH

You miss the point again...

Very few of those will have gained their record once serving, that is usually a free ticket to the door marked exit as happened to the few I booked in to custody over the years.

However, many may have acquired one prior to joining, meaning the full facts will have been examined prior to taking office.

I joined with an officer with a criminal record.

She was fined £50 at the age of 17 for drinking under age!

That is a criminal record.

Bent cops however, we agree on 100%

I've booked those in too in my time and was quite happy to authorise charges against them.

So go on tell me how they got a job if they had a previous record? or do we allow known burglars to join the force?

As I said they are SERVING officers so if they fibbed at the time of joining and must done so again, since security vetting must be an ongoing process? then why if the offences are now know are they STILL serving.

KW

Edited by kdubya

I think the police should be more heavy handed just like the spanish police, you don't mess with them unless you want a good hiding.... Might sort this country out instead of it going to the dogs

yes thats the answer allow the thugs off the leash, dear dear me.

KW

I once saw an episode of Costa Del Cops where a British girl thought she would gob off at the police officer and point out the mistake he had made by arresting her friend. She got one hell of a smack around the face but she did heed the advice to go away and be quiet.

This is a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself with such a comment and the inference it contains. It's pathetic and disgusting. You don't make the law.

But it's all good fun till someone loses an eye isn't it?

Many of the comments from supposedly serving police officers (and their apologists) here are a disgrace to themselves, a disgrace to the uniform, the country and the public they are supposed to serve.

Closing ranks blindly and defending the indefensible? Just like the Catholic church and child molesters.

If a sign of the country "going to the dogs" is that thick uniformed thugs cannot bully an assault people then bring on the dogs.

This is a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself with such a comment and the inference it contains. It's pathetic and disgusting. You don't make the law.

Thunderbird,

I was telling the truth. It's what happened. I'm not inferring anything. It was just an observation. What has this got to do with me making the law?

Whooaaa boys! calm down eh :lol:

truth of the matter is he over did the "helping hand" bit, i don't agree with him getting his job back on appeal, he should be working on the doors of sainsburys after that one.

Anyone who's had to deal with a loudmouth drunken wench will tell you they're worse than blokes, down right flippin' evil at their worst, still got the scars to prove it. However, there's nothing in that video that makes me think she was more than drunk and disorderly.

Edited by GRAM71

I imagine sometimes judges have to make decisions they don't necessarily agree with to comply with sometimes arcane points of the law.

If the OP has knowledge then share it, otherwise it's just another tribal-police-closed-ranks-defend-colleagues-at-any-cost thing, which is worth less than nothing.

In the words of Ian Hislop, "If this is justice, I'm a banana."

Haven't caught up with whole thread yet but the judges were critical of the other police officers, and from what I heard yesterday were not making decisions based on finer points of law at all - hence my confusion. I will read the rest of the thread and see if explanation within!

I once saw an episode of Costa Del Cops where a British girl thought she would gob off at the police officer and point out the mistake he had made by arresting her friend. She got one hell of a smack around the face but she did heed the advice to go away and be quiet.

I once watched a yank plod picking on a black guy for no reason.The black dude stabbed him,the copper died and hopefully learned his lesson.I think what i saw and what you saw shows that cops and civvies should just use the law of fairness to deal with things and forget the law.

Edited by sako751sg

No elucidation here then so it seems as if our police can truly get away with it if they assault the public like common thugs even when caught bang to rights on camera.

At least Harwood had the "excuse" of being pumped up by being in riot gear and on the streets during an unpleasant demo when he laid into Tomlinson,

I'm afraid this officer's behaviour is impossible to think of as anything other than a bad tempered assault on a drunk woman who was being a pain (and not being violent as far as can be seen). None of the excuses made for him are relevant to be honest as they have no connection to what happened in this case.

Some posters seem to take the view that anyone remotely criticising this officer are anti-Police. Ridiculous examples are cited - needles etc. It is nothing less than an amateurish attempt to justify the actions of a bullying thug. If he was so blameless - why was he reported, suspended, sacked etc. He has won a legal victory, but who would want him in the Police - I should add - who also has a brain cell.

He was and now still is a disgrace to his uniform.

yes thats the answer allow the thugs off the leash, dear dear me.

KW

Yep, because the current thinking is working so well isn't it?

I've spent a lot of time in Spain, and I can tell you one thing for sure. Be it right or wrong, their Police are a lot more respected/feared than ours, very few would consider gobbing off at the Guardia like they do here.

Edited by -Mongrel-

When I joined in the early 1970`s this sort of treatment of prisoners was commonplace.

I knew a few lads that were beaten up in the cells in the late '60's, early '70's for no reason at all. One took Cumbria Police to Carlisle High Court and won his case. Still the same superior attitude prevails I see.

I knew a few lads that were beaten up in the cells in the late '60's, early '70's for no reason at all. One took Cumbria Police to Carlisle High Court and won his case. Still the same superior attitude prevails I see.

Sadly Mike, I fear you are correct.

No elucidation here then so it seems as if our police can truly get away with it if they assault the public like common thugs even when caught bang to rights on camera.

At least Harwood had the "excuse" of being pumped up by being in riot gear and on the streets during an unpleasant demo when he laid into Tomlinson,

I'm afraid this officer's behaviour is impossible to think of as anything other than a bad tempered assault on a drunk woman who was being a pain (and not being violent as far as can be seen). None of the excuses made for him are relevant to be honest as they have no connection to what happened in this case.

exactly my point about the video. Only a little bit of it. Do we know if she was violent before she got into the police station no we dont.

To give an example. A few years ago i was working and had to push a bloke away and he hit the wall behind him and cut his head. He saw 2 coppers and said i had assaulted him. The coppers saw it too and the only thing on CCTV was me doing this. So you are saying i should have got a conviction for that and lose my security licence?

Edited by leeds chimp

If Mrs Innocent had picked herself up and walked to her cell in a compliant manner, non of this would have had to happen. If you're in police custody and you do not comply after verbal requests, well shock horror the police will put you in a cell.

the very fact computerised custody records exist today, backed up with cctv negates the references to the 60's and 70's-get over it.

Just wait til he sues the force and wins a payout-there'll be some proper sad faces on here.

fuddster