Browning Maxus 3.5"

0145wirbelwind

The spring on the gas Valve broke on some of the earlier ones.

Make sure you take the barrel off and thoroughly inspect the condition of the spring if you buy second hand.

Also keep an eye on it as you carry out your cleaning routine.

As for cartridge length, its a lucky dip, some cycle 65/67mm some dont, mine used to.

Edited by chrispti

The spring on the gas Valve broke on some of the earlier ones.

Make sure you take the barrel off and thoroughly inspect the condition of the spring if you buy second hand.

Also keep an eye on it as you carry out your cleaning routine.

As for cartridge length, its a lucky dip, some cycle 65/67mm some dont, mine used to.

agree with chrispti.the springs on the early ones were ****.mines a early one and went through two springs first one replaced on warranty when it broke again i decided to replace it with aftermarket one from norway.never had a problem since.still the only gun i take out of the cabinate.and love shooting with it.cycles 67mm and above fine

my mate, has one and just taken it back to the dealer. Most of the time it's fine but about the last 3 shoots we have been to after about 40/50 shots the gun seems to jam as if somebody has applied the safety on the second shot, give the gun about another 30/40 sec it's fine and fires as it should do but with the problem it can ruin a 100 bird sporting shoot. He uses eley first 28g fibre carts. Before he took it back he looked on the net and it appears a few have had the same problem, so the dealer is sending it back and he is just waiting for it coming back hopefully minus the problem what ever it may be

• 2 weeks later...

just got my maxus back form belgium there it would fire the first shot every time but maybe not he second or third it would either not eject, reload or fire which was really annoying but had it ot at the weekend without problem but they are a great gun and the fast loading is great

Liked :- the quick load

Adjustable stock

Lack of muzzle flip

Cycling any weight above 21gms

Cycling short cartridges

Disliked :- loose front sight(tended to fall out)

Long barrel(30") but that's personal

preference

Plastic feel(mine was synthetic)

Magazine cut-off kept coming loose and

causing jams.

Pays your money and takes your choice!!

GH

My Maxus is my go-to gun for most situations. I've shot 1000's of shells through it from 2.5inch to 3.5inch, 24g to 63g, lead, steel, bismuth and, have so far racked up just one jam and, that was a light 65mm shell that the manual says it shouldn't be able to cycle anyway. Stripping and cleaning 'em is a doddle.

For me the only real minor annoyance is with the magazine cut-off lever which is the perfect shape and, is in the ideal location to snag on the net of my game bag or clothing.

The changable foresight beads can drop out but, a tiny dab of glue will put paid to that.

Liked :- the quick load

Adjustable stock

Lack of muzzle flip

Cycling any weight above 21gms

Cycling short cartridges

Disliked :- loose front sight(tended to fall out)

Long barrel(30") but that's personal

preference

Plastic feel(mine was synthetic)

Magazine cut-off kept coming loose and

causing jams.

Pays your money and takes your choice!!

GH

What did you expect a Composite stock to feel like?