What to look at for a mid price clay gun

rich_morris

Hi all,

What guns should I look at if I am looking for a low-mid proce clay gun. (£2500-£3000)

I currently have a Beretta 687 deluxe 28" M/C and was looking for a change. I used to do a bit of pigenon shooting, but clays only now.

I was looking at a Beretta 682 Gold E with 32" barrels.

The shop also pointed me at a 686 Evo with 32" barrels.

What other guns should I look at in this price range. I am looking at new.

Cheers

Rich

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peoples budgets clearly vary, snide remarks are I would say less than helpful and unnesecary.

Try a few options, I'd say your better going 2nd hand to open the DT10, nice blaser, perazzi bracket if any of them float your boat.

Indeed... If I had the disposable income, i'd be getting a nice shotgun, too.

As things are, i'll have to settle for a Purdey :friends:

Damn he wants to spend that kind of money and he wants advice on what gun to look for like he new to the game lol

Mine was less than a grand new so what budget is mine in

I just quoted what the op said they wanted to spend on a shotgun to my wife , answer was ,does It come with an engine and 4 wheels :D

I'm intrigued what is a CHEAP gun for clay shooting ;)

TBH - I consider £2.5-£3K a lot of money - its not money I choose to spend unwisely. (I could chose to put some other context in place, such as significant birthday approaching and tax return, but why should I have to justify what I spend?

Compared to a £5500 DT11, Perazzi, or Blaser or a £10,000 S05, £2500 is mid price (and those are entry level models, from what I can tell!)

When you earn my money, you can tell me how to spend it. - Or are you my wife ???

New to game? - My 687 was new to me in 1987 = 25 years? I have had a bit of time out of the sport recently, and was trying to catch up on peoples opinions on the more recent gun releases.

Thanks for the other helpful inputs.

thing is fella fancy wood and engraving wont break clays but gun fit will

I agree, that is why I will be trying before buying. I did not ask which had the best engraving (the 682 and 686 Evo certainly do not!!!) or nicest woodwork.

The F3 that was quoted has neither - and is probably out of my price range too.

But what do I go and try??? That is the question, 'What to look at'?

Thanks

Ok rich ,we're all having a laugh now, this is what I did I've been out of shooting for nearly 15 years so I got myself the new browning 725 sporter for about £1700.00 great gun fits well to me then I spent money on a one on one clay coach , now that was money very well spent, there's no point in shooting clays if you keep missing them, that's my suggestion :)

Ok rich ,we're all having a laugh now, this is what I did I've been out of shooting for nearly 15 years so I got myself the new browning 725 sporter for about £1700.00 great gun fits well to me then I spent money on a one on one clay coach , now that was money very well spent, there's no point in shooting clays if you keep missing them, that's my suggestion :)

I realise that it was all tongue in cheek. Perhaps my reply didn not come accross like that.

I plan on treating myself to a few lessons.

I will add the 725 to my list.

PS did you tell your wife how much your asenal cost??

Do apologise mate it was not ment in thaw way you took it

If you have the money do what you like and fair play

Were just jelous lol and to a lot that money is not a mid budget gun

It was only ment in humour

Sorry Jamie

TBH - I consider £2.5-£3K a lot of money - its not money I choose to spend unwisely. (I could chose to put some other context in place, such as significant birthday approaching and tax return, but why should I have to justify what I spend?

Compared to a £5500 DT11, Perazzi, or Blaser or a £10,000 S05, £2500 is mid price (and those are entry level models, from what I can tell!)

When you earn my money, you can tell me how to spend it. - Or are you my wife ???

New to game? - My 687 was new to me in 1987 = 25 years? I have had a bit of time out of the sport recently, and was trying to catch up on peoples opinions on the more recent gun releases.

Thanks for the other helpful inputs.

Do apologise mate it was not ment in thaw way you took it

If you have the money do what you like and fair play

Were just jelous lol and to a lot that money is not a mid budget gun

It was only ment in humour

Sorry Jamie

No need to apologise. I understand that peoples budgets are different. Mine would not normally allow me to spend that much. Neither would the better half. I see guns at less than £1000 and up to £90,000. Mid price in that context is difficult to judge.

Cheers

Rich

If i had that kind of money to spend no way would i be buying a 525 with a few bells and whistles.as far as i can see brownings are all basically the same.unless you buy a proper hand made one, which then is a proper gun

What is wrong with a 525 or 725?

I was kind of looking for constructive user reviews. If a 525 has flaws which effect its long term use, I would like to know. I guess they don't??

My only experience is with a Rizzini 20 years ago, and since then both me and my dad have owned Berettas. (for 20 years).

Thanks

Rich