tikka T3 lite blued/synthetic

aister

A friend has one and I shoot with it regularly, cracking rifle and very accurate - the one bad point in my opinion is the stock is very plasticky - if you tap it it makes a hollow sound - but this is what makes it "lite" and if its a tool not a "pretty to look at the" so you shouldn't have a problem although if you were stalking in a wood and walking through branches i would imagine the sound could be a pain but otherwise i like them - they must be one of the best selling rifles over here as you see them on Every gun shop rack in high numbers :good:

From reading a few threads on here the T595 is a better rifle but I've never actually seen anyone give reason as to why!

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

Does anyone own a T3 lite blued/synthetic? Just want to hear some views. I am after a 6.5x55 and want a tikka, I was wanting a laminate/stainless as I think they look great but I want a tool not an ornament if you know what I mean. Look forward to hearing your thoughts :good:

I'm lost on the wet cloth comparison as well, I occasionally use one of the heavy barreled t3's so not the lite but the fundamentals are most seem very accurate. The downsides are the feel of the stock and all the plastic bits, so I would definitely recommend if you haven't already, going and handling one. Personally I've seen a few 2nd hand sakos in 6.5 coming up at similar money to a new T3 and I'd be tempted to go down that route, but that is entirely due to not liking the plastic rather than the way they shoot.

i have a Tikka .223 in lite barrel, synthetic and its great. Out of the box accurate as are all the Sako \ Tikka's

I use it on shooting range as well as stalking & rough shooting. I went for synthetic so i never have to worry about knocking or scratching the stock, especially at night. I also have a bad back so keeping weight down is my primary concern. Its a tool at the end of the day for me and it looks good enough with the synthetic stock and doesnt require any maintenance - just needs wipe over with damp cloth. I personally spent my money on a good optics.

if you look around there plenty of after market synthetic stocks you can buy to update the factory stock

I did my synthetic stock bit with the Remmie 700 but have tika T3 hunters (wooden stock) in both 243 and 308 now and love em to bits. If you take into comparison how well the barrels shoot and how great the triggers are they are not expensive rifles, for the money you get a very dependable and pointable rifle that will not let you down.

i agree the t3 stocks have a plasticy feel, but with the accuracy t3,s are well known for i cant see how they can be called useless. i have a t3 lite stainless and the out of the box performance has been excellent. i certainley dont want to be carrying a heavier rifle that offers nothing more than being eye candy.

I have a M695 and had an ABS stock on that, a good friend of mine has a T3 lite with an ABS stock.

All I will say is neither have the look/feel of wood (fairly obviously) but the T3 plastic has strands of fibre glass(?) that makes it sound even more plasticy but in reality probably make it stiffer.

The stock wouldn't put me off buying one as my mates is light and very accurate - my only comment would be they are a bit lively in barky calibres, his is a 25-06, but in 6.5 should be absolutely fine.

In fact I own the rifle you seem to have discounted, it's quite a bit heavier then the T3 Lite, but I don't mind that, as I am fitter than him :)

Horses for courses, only you can decide which is best for you.

I have a T3 Lite/stainless and in my opinion the stock isnt as plasticy as some other rifles I have handled,a Steyr Mannlicher Pro hunter Mk2 was one of the worst stocks as far as being plasticy,very hollow sounding nearly along the same lines as a Savage Axis which is a budget rifle.

Laminate is ok but with synthetic if your out using the rifle you dont have to worry about dinging it,I buy a rifle to use and not to sit and admire.

As for accuracy you will find it hard to beat and will shoot aswell as any rifle out there,the limiting factor on the accuracy side will be the operator.

What ever the op buys dosent matter to me. I couldn't care less if he wastes his hard earned. He asked for some views about the rifle. I gave mine, spend the extra and get the better stock. Saves upgrading that bit of soggy paper the call a stock like previously mentioned.

Have you ever owned or shot a T3 lite?

And it depends on the composite stock I guess as mine will cloverleaf all day if I did my bit...

Regards,

Gixer

Fundamentally it's odd the stocks are so awful yet they all seem to shoot well, I heard the same rumours about how bad my Sako stock was meant to be, well it shoots sub 2" at 300 yards which for me is absolutely fine. I'd be tempted to take more notice of those who have one than those who have read about them. The alternative is a laminate which looks pretty but doesn't go with the lite principle. It's why I bought mine for stalking I didn't want to be lugging a very heavy rifle about.

I don't get the whole. 'I want a tool not something to admire' you don't have to worry about scratching the stock if you don't care about scratching it. Its just poor mans talk. Not wanting to spend the rest for the better stock. Everyone's got a budget but don't dress it up with the 'I want a tool' they do the same job. Just one dose it better.

whats better?

all the reviews I can find suggest no one has accuracy issues and surely if the bullet goes where its meant to then whats the issue. Most stalkers and its a stalking caliber won't be shooting over 200 yards and at a 4" Kill area rather than head shooting pheasants at 300 yards plus.

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/2011/11/04/review-tikka-t3-lite/

http://www.countydeerstalking.co.uk/deer-stalking-blog/posts/2012/july/tikka-t3-lite-review.aspx

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/260796/Tikka_308_Lite_T3_rifle_review.html