Oh dear are the bent ones at it again

kdubya

If this is proven to be correct, throats may at last be gripped firmly enough to bring them back in line, a bunch of banana's are straighter, it gets no worse than fabricating a statement with the result of bringing down a serving minister, is the tower of London chopping block still available an airing looks imminent.

KW

http://news.uk.msn.com/comment-and-analysis/andrew-mitchell-and-plebgate-why-it-now-looks-like-a-stitch-up

It's a funny old one that does actually need looking into and in depth.

If it's a police conspiracy or the police ganging up on a Minister then it's all been very poorly thought out. I reckon the copper that came forward pretending to be a Joe Public bystander and witness maybe a Walt and not connected.

So, we have a serving copper pretending to me a member of the public and a witness to "pleb-gate" - surely that all falls over very quickly and easily when the "witness" is asked to come forward and give a statement and turns up in a police uniform. Not exactly plan of the century.

Coppers possibly telling porkies and a Minister who doesn't come across as being particularly straightforward? What a heady mix.

http://blogs.telegra...eally-angry-at/

A bit more balanced.

so is this "balanced"

A police officer was accused yesterday of masquerading as a member of the public and lying to help force the resignation of the Government Chief Whip.

In an extraordinary development in the "Plegbate" scandal, it emerged that a man whose testimony was crucial to the resignation of Andrew Mitchell did not in fact witness his outburst.

The "witness" was in fact a serving police officer who was nowhere near Downing Street at the time Mr Mitchell was accused of calling police officers "******* plebs", a Channel 4 News investigation suggests.

KW

Found this bit in the comments.

Who to believe, the police or the politician? Tough call when you consider neither can be trusted to tell the truth.

Amen.

tough one but Im swayed to give the nod to to the ex minister (past history tipped the favour) :D

It's a funny old one that does actually need looking into and in depth.

If it's a police conspiracy or the police ganging up on a Minister then it's all been very poorly thought out. I reckon the copper that came forward pretending to be a Joe Public bystander and witness maybe a Walt and not connected.

So, we have a serving copper pretending to me a member of the public and a witness to "pleb-gate" - surely that all falls over very quickly and easily when the "witness" is asked to come forward and give a statement and turns up in a police uniform. Not exactly plan of the century.

Coppers possibly telling porkies and a Minister who doesn't come across as being particularly straightforward? What a heady mix.

problem is he cant be a "walt" acting independently? sky are now saying his statement is almost word for word to that of the copper on the gate ( how is that when he was not actually there?) oh hang on the copper cant actually be part of the same protection group can he and surely he cant have been shown the gate coppers log/report can he!! it gets better by the hour.

KW

I bet that really hurts Kudubya to show any solidarity to a conservative party member :whistling:

why is that I voted tory at the last election ( might have been a false hope mind)

KW

It will turn out there was a 'mistake' about the eyewitness account, the police officers on the gate will stick to their story because its their word against Mitchell's. He's a politician, and a Tory politician, so obviously a liar and a cheat who must be cast in a bad light for the good of society, and they're policemen, 'key workers' who keep us all safe with their health and safety vests and raise revenue for the treasury.

There was a slight error, but he's still an evil Tory, they're sainted public servants and that's how it will stay because the alternative doesn't 'fit the narrative'. Move along now please, nothing to see here.

kdubya - I described it as a bit more balanced because it pointed out that the Tories reacted to something which was not properly confirmed.

The two original Policemen are supported by the Head of the Met. Mitchell has only himself to blame. Privately, he must have told Cameron what he actually said, who accepted that he had to go.

This story perhaps means that there is one bad copper, but still leaves the two Policemen and Mitchell. Someone among those three is lying. This story throws no light on that whatsoever.

kdubya - I described it as a bit more balanced because it pointed out that the Tories reacted to something which was not properly confirmed.

The two original Policemen are supported by the Head of the Met. Mitchell has only himself to blame. Privately, he must have told Cameron what he actually said, who accepted that he had to go.

This story perhaps means that there is one bad copper, but still leaves the two Policemen and Mitchell. Someone among those three is lying. This story throws no light on that whatsoever.

nah you get it, it means at least TWO bad coppers one pretending he was a bystander I.E a nothing more then joe public,when in fact he was copper in the same group, the other is the one who gave him the script, it will come out thats for sure and this time it wont be bypassed as most are.

KW

nah you get it, it means at least TWO bad coppers one pretending he was a bystander I.E a nothing more then joe public,when in fact he was copper in the same group, the other is the one who gave him the script,

That doesn't necessarily follow. At least one of the two must have discussed with colleagues - it's human nature.

Conspiracy theorists are on red alert. There is no definitive version of what was said.

Can I get this clear, do you think Mitchell said nothing untoward at all and has resigned because it was the honorable thing to do? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed, Mitchell has swerved the question of precisely what he said - presumably keeping his head down in case someone recorded the confrontation and hasn't stepped forward yet (that may still happen). It wouldn't surprise me if the Downing Street CCTV was wired for sound eh? Incidentally, everyone in politics appears to be agreed that Mitchell is a nasty piece of work which is presumably why he got the Tory hang man job in the first place.

Don't quite understand the rush by some in Parliament and the media to present Mitchell as a poor victim given that he has already admitted swearing at the policemen on the gate even if he has always denied using the word "pleb".

Using language, in public, toward on duty police officers, that includes "****k or ******ng is something that Cabinet Ministers really should not do!

Pretty depressing role played by the police officers involved in what increasingly looks like a set up. Apart from the lying, conspiring, dishonest and immoral behaviour involved they are apparently so incompetent they can't even do a decent job of stitching him up!

that termite Ed Milliband will look like a right **** if this turns out to be setup, he rode this bandwagon until the wheels melted.

edit: nice clip from Guido, made me chuckle ;

http://order-order.com/2012/12/19/watch-ed-milibands-plebgate-shocker/

Edited by pegasus bridge

It doesn't make ANY sense. The 'copper' would know that his occupation would be discovered. And that long term, neither he, nor the Met would benefit from his alleged actions. He either REALLY hates his job and doesn't care if he's fired, or he's a fall guy. Or it's a big conspiracy put together by the Alien leadership of the Knights Templar Nasa Lodge....